·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ones I’m replacing are the vinyl covered ones.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm pretty sure the ones BBob pictured are the ones you showed a link to.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So they are just hardstreet bags with a victory tag? At least the mount was made for my bike rather than a hokie universal thingamabob

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Victory had them on their accessory list for a while. I’ve never read who actually makes them but the ones you showed a link to are exactly like the hard street bags. If I had to bet, I’d put my money on Hard Street made them for Victory. They’re great bags, so congrats on the find.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I went to the link you provided and scrolled through the pics.
It may be a shadow but one of them looks to be cracked on the bottom

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crack shmack that’s what epoxy is for.

·
Registered
838 Posts
OK, re read your first post and see you already bought them. Didn't realize that.
Was just pointing out that if they cracked they my not be a quality product.
But if your happy with the purchase that is what counts.
Do they hold alot more stuff than the bags you are replacing?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I realized they had a crack, probably from over tightening. The bags (hardstreet classic tour?) are $650 new + mounts. The mounts that come with these bags are made for my bike and are NLA so that’s what makes them worth patching and repainting (if need be) in my opinion. The seller said they would rate them an 8/10 cracks aside.

As for storage I believe they are about the same size as the vinyl covered bags but the doors are larger.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I realized they had a crack, probably from over tightening. The bags (hardstreet classic tour?) are $650 new + mounts. The mounts that come with these bags are made for my bike and are NLA so that's what makes them worth patching and repainting (if need be) in my opinion. The seller said they would rate them an 8/10 cracks aside.

As for storage I believe they are about the same size as the vinyl covered bags but the doors are larger.
As stated, as long as you're happy, all is well. BTW; most folks just call them 'lids'.

·
Registered
838 Posts
As stated, as long as you're happy, all is well. BTW; most folks just call them 'lids'.
They call saddle bags lids? I have been riding since 1967 and never heard that.

·
Registered
838 Posts
OK, I misunderstood.
I thought you were saying the bags were called lids.
Guess I didn't read the OP's post correctly.
Not trying to be funny or difficult.
Didn't mean to irritate you.
I have been on this forum awhile now and have not noticed alot difficult people.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I cant see OP link, but @BBob posted a really nice picture ... I never had bags or anything before, and travel licht all the time on my Jack-Hammer or any other bike i had before

But looking in the left bag of the CCT it is FULL with / tools / compressor / tire plug / towels / rain suit / hammock / pffffffff what happened ?

Oh ja i ride with HD many times so stuff keeps on pilling up to carry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.