VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings too all, Just getting started with new used bike but like my first impressions. Snagged a 2011 Vision with 3800 miles on it.
Tire Wheel Plant Dog Vehicle
If you can see it, I have Bad Ass Button and Hog Hunten Happy guarding my new bike. I am sure I will have many of the same old questions you guys have had before. I will try not to stir the pot too much.. LOL Thanks to all that contribute. These forums a wealth of information. I think I have the two best kept
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
secrets in the motorcycle world. Victory Vision and HD V-ROD.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new Vic.

@VicVisionBulldog will be around shortly to post all the info a new Vision Pilot need to know. Be on the look out for his post!

Reactions: Deltaflash

·
Super Moderator
26,123 Posts
Here I am! How does somebody only put 3800 miles on a Vision, especially a 2011?

Howdy from Texas!

Here is what has been passed around for years among Vision pilots.

Unsolicited, and probably unwanted, but hey

1. lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay.
2. Don't trust your kickstand, check it twice. No switch or positive down position, but it is designed to retract if you touch it down wAddhile in motion
3. Trust your tip over (TO) points, IF YOU HAVE THEM, use them, instead of a foot or ankle to catch a falling vision. GET your feet up quick when you move from a stop, TOs run on ankle blood.
4. Place a foot on your floorboard and jiggle the bike while gassing up, and take your time. It takes a bit to fill both tanks.
5. Replace your horn or get loud pipes, this thing is fast and nimble, but cagers attack it for no reason. Jealous or hypnotized, who knows, but they steer right toward you.
6. Don't ever take off the trunk unless you are OK storing it forever. Rides almost like a different bike without it.
7. Stay off your front brakes below 5 mph, and pay attention in parking lots. The fuel tanks are forward and low: great for the twisties, but takes some getting used to.
8. If you remove the trunk or drop test the TOs you are honor bound to tell us. It makes those of us who have tested them more than once feel better ( so I hear).
9. If you take any of the above advice and it turns out badly, blame yourself, I am not to be trusted.
10. Make sure you lube any mechanical control points routinely, but do not oil cables, it tears up the interior Teflon
11. Once you have leaned that thing as far as you think is safe in a sweeper, keep going if you haven't heard the floorboards scrape. It's lean angle is just ridiculous for a 900+ lb bike
12. Practice using our Forum Search feature. It works wells, saves tons of repetition, and avoids snarky-smart-Alec answers like I sometimes offer

·
Super Moderator
26,123 Posts
BTW, your Vision has had the fender recall performed so you're good if you start reading about it and wondering.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome from the UK . Nice vision . I had a V Rod before the jackpot loved it as well . Two great bikes. :fiddy:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I see the dogs approve of the new bike they're both grinning . The one on the right does'nt seem too keen on the Harley though lol .

• Haha

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome aboard, beautiful bike...

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Welcome from sunny Arizona!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.