VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new set of Carlini 1.25" dia Gangster Apes. I assumed that they would fit into my risers from Santa Rosa VeeTwin for 1.25" bars, however, they are just slightly too small. Therefore I want to get a set of risers from Carlini so that I can be assured by the manufacturer that they will fit. Here's the issue, can a riser with a 1/2" bolt fit through the 12mm hole in the bushings on a Vic?

Also, my bars are 16" tall and cause a good amount of flex in the riser bushings. Has anyone found a set of poly bushings for the Vics?

·
Registered
868 Posts
It should not as 1/2" is 12.7mm. You could machine the points of the thread back to 12mm which would weaken the bolt and remove part of the protective coating from the bolt. The other way is to ream the hole to 1/2" clearance. The reason I say ream is because trying to drill out such a small amount jams and breaks drill bits.
Pity it is not 1/2" hole with 12mm bolt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.