VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soI have an 06 vegas with a set of mini-apes on it, maybe 11 or 12" they are VERY comfortable around town and up to about 65 but on the freeway at about 75/80 the bike feels like it wants to get away from me and i feel like I am holding for dear life as well as feeling like a sailboat..... my question is what would you suggest to put on to make the bike more freeway/long ride friendly. keep in mind I am a pretty big guy 6'4" about 250. any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Something to block the wind, your body isacting like a Sail. A windshield??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try to pull the bars back toward you a little bit, this may help the wind deflect off your body at a different angle and putyour weight more to the rear of the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i was thinking about turning it into a "bagger" for that reason too. I did ride a buddies Ultra Ground Pounder with the drag bars and it seemed a lot better, i may need to try that, I love the bike too much to get rid of it and get a Touring bike.
thanks guys!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you want the chrome bars from a 09 Hammer, I have a new one still in the factory box I will sell. They are too wide and the reach is too far for me. May fit you perfectly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm still considering apes. Right now I have the Hammer Bars on my 09' vegas 8ball and while I do really like them, and I love the look, they aren't nearly as comfortable as the stock bars. Considering trying something new, very likely apes, but I haven't decided yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.