VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am shopping for a handlebar mp3 speaker system, I have been all over the web trying to narrow my search down, but I figured why not ask the experts who use them, especially my fellow Vic-riders!
I would like to stay with 3" diameter or less so I can "hide" them next to windshield next to speedo.
Thanks,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Oh well, I orderd The Sound Of Chrome.
I will post pics after install.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Sounds of Chrome if you have the money. If you don't I had a set of DWG speakers and amp on my Kingpin. I was able to mount them to the bolts on my clear windshield. I still have them and would let them go for $100 bucks. They go for $199. The are the origianl 3" style with no remote. They were only used for about 6 months.

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I looked into the DWG and Cycle Sounds, but I really don't have room to mount an external amp. I have a running light module under my seat, and a Lloyds programmer under the fuse box side pannel, so the Sound of Chrome has the amps built into each speaker, seamed to be the way to go for me, hopefully they sound good. I saw them on youtube playing while a guy was riding on highway and it was still clear enough .... I found them on ebay for $277 free shipping.
I'll let you know how it goes as soon as they come in, hopefully next weekend.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
bad250 said:
I looked into the DWG and Cycle Sounds, but I really don't have room to mount an external amp. I have a running light module under my seat, and a Lloyds programmer under the fuse box side pannel, so the Sound of Chrome has the amps built into each speaker, seamed to be the way to go for me, hopefully they sound good. I saw them on youtube playing while a guy was riding on highway and it was still clear enough .... I found them on ebay for $277 free shipping.
I'll let you know how it goes as soon as they come in, hopefully next weekend.
I had the amp and an LED light controller mounted under the seat on my Kingpin. It was tight but doable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.