VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Smitty84; I am in process of lengthening my stock CCT bars. Had a local machine shop insert 2 inches. Initially I planned to go 3" but John at Witchdoctors advised me not to go more than 2 inches to save a ton of expense. I am getting the bars powder coated instead of chrome. Again to save some money. Will let you know if it was worth the effort when I get them on the bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I changed out my bars for drag bars. Pretty simple task took maybe 30-40 minutes. However I was not concerned with any cable lengths, all depends how much taller you want to go. Take a look at the reduced reach bars. That would give you an idea of how tall you can go before you start stretching the cables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I forgot to mention having ABS is what limited me to 2 inch extension. If your bike does not a ABS model you have more freedom in the length of bars. At 3 + inches they recommend changing the cables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.