1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Victory Vegas 8-ball

Good Morning All!!

I purchased this kit:
https://buywitchdoctors.com/collect...xtension-wire-kit-24-victory-by-namz-nhcx-v24

to neatne up the wiring after installing my FMB Choppers 12" Merc bars.

I am going to attempt this project sometime in the near future and am wondering if any of you all have any tips.

This wiring kit looks like it has more wires than I need, as well as the coloring does not necessarily match up.

This is what I see and am thinking so far:
The wires all run into the headlight? I am assuming that is where the connectors on the wiring kit connect in?
It looks like the best approach for trying to get the wires through the bars, is to maybe cut the wires toward the end that goes into the headlight, run them through the bars, attach the wire extenders (cutting to length as needed?) then wire management.

This does not seem like a terribly difficult job, and there may be a few different ways to accomplish this. Anyone have any experience that would like to throw some tips my way? I would really like to neaten up the wiring.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, i was looking to put 10 or 12"FMB bars on my 8ball..what is the shopping list i would need to do this? I didnt take into consideration the wires was just thinking cables...wondering what else i may have missed. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Technically, the 12" were bolt on. I just had to re-route some cables. The stock wires are long enough. The brake cable was the tightest so I replaced that and rode. You cannot run the electrical through the bars without an extension kit. I bought the wiring kit in buywitchdoctors, which will tell you if they fit your bike.

I put the extension kit on purely for aesthetics. I did not like the wiring on the outside. But its pretty involved process. I would not have been able to do it without MRMAXX help aka Phatt BoB's Customs.

I did not need to do anything with clutch cables. Electrical will have to hang without extension kit though. I rode 1 season like that and it worked, so you can do it in stages if you like.

The limitation on the brake cable will dictate how far forward you have to roll the bars to keep the cable from being too tight. With the extension kit I ended up leaving them where I had them.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Time Wise the initial bar install was about an hour, just unbolt, then bolt back on. Running the electrical through the bars was time consuming and can be tough. I think it took about 4 hours over 2 days to complete. But I think I got lucky. If you are going to attempt the extension kit wiring through the bars, post back here and @MRMAXX or myself can lend some experience. His more than mine, as he is the one who gave me help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So i kinda went a different route..the 8ball i was lined up to buy was sold from under me..so i skipped out on the work and bought a highball sorry took so long to respond and happy to finally join the victory community offically

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.