VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Victory folk,
I have a 2008 Victory Kingpin 8ball which I am looking to customize. First thing, I hate the stock handle bars, I am 5'10" tall and find the stock handle bar to be very uncomfortable on long rides. I am toying with the idea of putting 14-16" Apes on and hiding the wires when I do so. Has anyone got any suggestions?
Second question. I have seen several pics of Kingpins and other Victorys with some sort of air filter upgrade which cleans up the whole plastic look. Looks like there isn't even an air filter there. Does anyone know what has been done here and if so, is it better than stock?
Thanks for reading,
Teufel Hunden

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Teufel,

Can't believe they left you hanging here.

I have seen Kingpins with apes and they look good. Not exactly my style, but they look good. You should be able to use most any set of bars, with the proper risers, cables, etc.

As for the air box, that is likely an S&S or PRMT airbox. They definately clean up the look of the front AND add horse power.

Do a search on here for S&S and you may find some numbers.

Paul

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

I have these bars that I bought from a company in Cali. from SoCal Premier. I am about 5'11" and they work well for me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I saw a set of classic bars someone put on theirs....maybe it was Spider. A wider bar with a more traditional bend. They looked really nice. My understanding is that the stock bars are mounted with a vibration damper, which I didn't want to lose. As for the intake, I added the S&S intake to my '06. Not only does it clean up the look of the bike, but the horsepower increase is amazing, especially when I added the RPW True Duals at the same time. Performance of a different animal altogether! Not as much increase with the '08 bike due to the fuel injection system. However, I would check Lloydz' site for his intake, which is similar for the later bikes.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Give Preston a call at Santa Rosa Vee Twin. http://www.santarosaveetwin.com/ Tell them Fishy aka Syd sent ya. They are great peeps and do lots of stuff like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.