VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer today originally considering a 2010 vs 2011 Vegas he has the 2010 with stage 1 and swept pipes for the same money. Not sure I want a 5 speed. So I am considering the Hammer or the Vegasfor next year just for the bigger tire rear tire. What are opinions out there.
Thanks guys you have been very helpful and I am SOLD on the Victory now for SURE!
MONEY is buring a hole in my pocket now

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Maybe I'm a little bias but I'd go with the Hammer....oh wait, I did. I don't think you can go wrong either way. It just really comes down to what look you like and what options you want to be able to add to your bike. I will have to say there seem to be a lot less options out there for the Hammer. It's not as two-up friendly.
You may hear that the fat tire bikes are a little harder to corner but to me it's bogus. I can dive into corners just as well as anyone else I ride with (not a crotch rocket of course but I don't ride with anyone who has one). Once you get used to the feel of it there's no issue. I love my bike.

·
Registered
396 Posts
muckers said:
Went to the dealer today originally considering a 2010 vs 2011 Vegas he has the 2010 with stage 1 and swept pipes for the same money. Not sure I want a 5 speed. So I am considering the Hammer or the Vegasfor next year just for the bigger tire rear tire. What are opinions out there.
Thanks guys you have been very helpful and I am SOLD on the Victory now for SURE!
MONEY is buring a hole in my pocket now
Originally wanted a Vegas, not excited about a 5 speed, likes the bigger rear tire. Seems a Jackpot has to be the obvious choice. Have fun shopping.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hey! Hey! backoff Jackpot52 & SofaKingBlue He didn't say anything about a Jackpot. Stay on your side of the room. ;)

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Each bike has its trade offs,
- Jackpot Wide Rear tire & Skinny Front
- Vegas Standard Rear & Skinny Front,
- Hammer Wide Rear & Standard Front,
- Kingpin Standard Rear & Standard Front - Best of Both Worlds

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
muckers said:
Went to the dealer today originally considering a 2010 vs 2011 Vegas he has the 2010 with stage 1 and swept pipes for the same money. Not sure I want a 5 speed.
Keep in mind even the Vegas 8-Ball for 2011 has the 106 with the 6 speed.
Now lets stop talking about Jackpots and Kingpins!

·
Registered
396 Posts

BLININGER said:
Hey! Hey! backoff Jackpot52 & SofaKingBlue He didn't say anything about a Jackpot. Stay on your side of the room. ;)
We are just being helpful VOG citizens and steering his burning money to his wants. :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
OneThumb said:
Each bike has its trade offs,
- Jackpot Wide Rear tire & Skinny Front
- Vegas Standard Rear & Skinny Front,
- Hammer Wide Rear & Standard Front,
- Kingpin Standard Rear & Standard Front - Best of Both Worlds
You go OT. I'm with you. Now they can have the thread back.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Hammer has 2 brake rotors up front (except 8-Ball hammer)... Inverted forks... 18" wheel and 130mm front tire... 250mm rear tire. Vegas has single brake up front, conevtional forks... 21" wheel and skinny tire up front... 180mm rear tire. I wanted the inverted front end and 18" front wheel, but I didn't want the fat rear tire. That took me to the Kingpin... but I hate floorboards. Luckily the Vegas/Hammer/Jackpot pegs and controls bolt right up. Plus... the Vegas or Hammer would look silly with big ol' hardbags on it.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
scottb said:
I never noticed that and it makes no sense for Victory to produce the H-8ball with a single disc up front. Is there some logic to this?
To keep the price down. They also move the H-8-Ball footpegs back a couple of inches to appeal to more riders of various sizes.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I prefer the Hammer for the breaks/forks,instruments I'd get an 8 ball and add the front brake/instument I had my hands full keeping up with Hammer riders this year. They are badass bikes Regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Vegas vs Hammer I love the look of the Hammer, but bought the Vegas. The dealer had both, but the salesman mentioned to me that the rear tire on the Hammer costs about $450 to replace, and it doesn't last as long as a standard tire. With that, and the Vegas being less money anyway, I chose the Vegas. I'm happy with my decision.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Warren said:
I love the look of the Hammer, but bought the Vegas. The dealer had both, but the salesman mentioned to me that the rear tire on the Hammer costs about $450 to replace, and it doesn't last as long as a standard tire. With that, and the Vegas being less money anyway, I chose the Vegas. I'm happy with my decision.
You cant go wrong with a Vegas!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.