VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI. Mileage for around town and rides of 10-30 miles has been about 31 MPG. Haven't had any full tank or longer trips so I have no data to share.

What results are you having?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 07 Hammer, so it's a different system, but on a bad day I get about 35. Normal cruising(taking it easy) I always see upper 30's and low 40's. And about a month ago I switched to Iridium plugs, and it seems to have bumped up the MPG's another 2-3 mpg above that. Normally I wouldn't believe it myself, but nothing else was done to the bike except for the plugs.

07 Hammer, 18K

·
Registered
252 Posts

Don't really know MPG but I average around 230 kms (143 miles) before the warning light comes onburning about 14 liters or approximately6 litersper 100 kmswhich I think converts to about 39mpg. Most of my driving is on the highway.
Cessna

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
If I rode a Hammer I would get about 10 MPG. That bike would be too much fun and too hard tokeep my hand off the throttle.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have been getting right around 40 mpg. The bike will go in tomorrow for it's 500 mile check so that has all been break in. I think once I can ride it normally without varying engine speed all the time it will be better. It has a stage 1 2 into 1 pipe.

·
Registered
290 Posts

I get between 220-240 km before the low fuel light comes on. I didn't buy my Hammer for good gas mileage, that's what my car is for.
Ironic I know....lol

·
Registered
158 Posts

Seems like its about that or 190... I usually never let it get that empty.
Everybody I ride with rides harleys and they are out of gas long before I even think about it.
hahaha.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
texhammer said:
Seems like its about that or 190... I usually never let it get that empty.
Everybody I ride with rides harleys and they are out of gas long before I even think about it.
hahaha.
Sounds great. I'm hoping to take a two tank ride soon to test travel MPG.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Im going to add a fuel controller and change the baffles in the next week or two. Im sure it will be less then. I will get back with you on it again in about a month.
I imagine it will get about 43 after the summer mods

·
Registered
9 Posts

Before I swapped out the exhaust on mine and added the fuel controller, My tank dried up at 160 miles (good thing I was at the house when I found that out). Now with the current settings I have on the fuel controller, the gas light comes on at about 130 miles. Although after cruising the Mosel river last weekend, I got to about 145 before the light came on. When I adjsut the fuel controller to do some ass hauling, I definately burn up the gas quick. I got the pipes and controller from www.hackercustomexhaust.com.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good information. I've taken a couple longer rides this summer and am getting +41 MPG. Still haven't done any all day rides but I think it will get better.

Really like your pipes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cessna said:
Don't really know MPG but I average around 230 kms (143 miles) before the warning light comes onburning about 14 liters or approximately6 litersper 100 kmswhich I think converts to about 39mpg. Most of my driving is on the highway.
Cessna
I get the same for gas milage on average at 120 KM/H but once when I drove it sensibly I got 260 km before I fulled up and the light was never on. I fill mine up on the road right to the top so the cap will still fit with no spills -bike is on it's stand and I am off the bike when I fill. As much as I can put in it. Not sure if that is good or bad.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a 2006 Hammer and lately I have ben averaging about 35 mpg, but I just found that my throttle body was half blocked. My best was about 40 mpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.