VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just purchased a 2006 Victory Hammer and was wondering about the choke lever on the left handlebar grip? Is it choked when you push it away from you or when it’s pulled toward you? And WHY does a fuel injected bike need a choke anyway?

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
It's not a choke, it's a fast idle. You should only need it on cold starts. It allows you to idle the bike a touch higher to warm it up.

Use it with the bars hard left.

• Winner
Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
You should probably read the owner's manual...

That lever is on the end of a cable. The cable connects to same place as the throttle cable.

If adjusted as the factory intended: Turn the handlebars all the way left and pull the lever toward you. This should increase the cold engine idle speed to around 1250 rpm for engine warm up. As the engine warms the idle speed will gradually increase and you may need to gradually push the lever back.

But you don't have to adjust it like that...
I use mine a cruise control. It is adjusted all the way as tight as it can get. If cruising on the highway, if I pull the lever the bike will maintain 75 mph. It is adjustable to any speed below that. You have to be careful how much you apply it at start up... just a little bit... because the engine will be racing on cold start, and turning the bars left increases the engine speed (only beyond a certain steering angle).

People see me riding with one hand (left hand) and accelerating/decelerating/shifting... "How are you doing that?". Oh, I have a throttle on both sides of the bars...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.