VOG Forum banner

Hammer Aftermarket Seat/Improving Riding Position

15K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  Paulst 
I know this is a rather old thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread for something that has already been discussed. Took the Hammer S on the first longer ride yesterday (about 200 miles total). Love everything about the bike except the seat (performance mods will take care of the other gripes). Driver seat wasn't terrible but also not great after 100 miles. Nothing but complaining from the Wife, cant say I blame her after feeling the poor excuse for a passenger seat these bikes come with.

I definitely want to get a touring seat. Hate to loose the rear cowl but comfort is the name of the game. Considering either the "Low profile touring seat" from Witchdoctors or the Predator by Drag Specialties. Any recommendations? Not sure who makes the "Low Profile Touring" or if it is any better to substantiate the $100 cost difference. I have heard good reviews on the Victory Touring Seat but honestly not sure where to get them, victory site doesn't have 2016 as an option.

Good to hear that after a couple thousand miles you still like the seat. Seems like a lot of people are having similar experiences with the install, too bad there are no companies that make a seat that mounts the same as stock. Corbin looks nice too but a little more than I am looking to spend. Think I will get the drag specialties on order and see how it works out. Thanks!

No I ordered from WitchDoctors, already had other stuff in the cart so I just added that as well. Unfortunately ordered it before seeing the sale at VictoryOnly, live and learn. Really curious to see how much of a PITA this seat will be to install, seems like no one just simply drilled the holes and bolted it up right.

Just a quick update on the touring seat from drag specialties. Installation is super simple, need to drill out two existing holes to 3/8" and then drill two new holes (same size). I heard a lot of people were having issues with the templates, here is what I did and it worked great.

I had two studs laying around that were the same size as the holes in the seat, I inserted them into the front holes on the seat, placed the seat on the bike carefully and once it was all lined up I applied a little pressure and wiggled it a tiny bit. Once you remove the seat there will be two very small scratches where the studs hit on the seat pan (maybe 1/8 inch scratches). I then center punched and drilled two small holes where the scratches were. As a extra check I put the seat back on (studs removed now), and used a pick up through the bottom to ensure the holes lined up with the holes on the seat. All was good so I then drilled out the holes to 3/8". All the bolts lined up perfectly. Tighten the 4 bolts from under the fender into the seat and your done.

The seat actually looks pretty good on the bike which is a plus as some of the comfy seats are not very visually appealing. Yes you lose the rear seat cowl which is a bit of a let down but I can live without it. Most important part, the lady loves the seat, went on a 2 hour ride and no complaints from either of us. A+ all around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.