VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I have an 07 Vegas with a flaky speed sensor. The part, 4010977 is no longer available.
Does anyone know if there is a generic equivalent?

I was looking at Speed Sensors for Detecting Gears | Sensor Solutions Corp to see if maybe I could find something similar, etc. There are similar looking units. If anyone knows the specs for the OEM part maybe a generic from that site, or similar manufacturers can work.

Thanks for any tips -
Rich

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello - I have an 07 Vegas with a flaky speed sensor. The part, 4010977 is no longer available.
Does anyone know if there is a generic equivalent?

I was looking at Speed Sensors for Detecting Gears | Sensor Solutions Corp to see if maybe I could find something similar, etc. There are similar looking units. If anyone knows the specs for the OEM part maybe a generic from that site, or similar manufacturers can work.

Thanks for any tips -
Rich[/QUOTE

NEW Part number 4011111. This replaces 4010977 which is discontinued.
This new number is Backordered until the end of July, 2018

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the correction...When I contacted Polaris asking about alternate part numbers their response didn't actually address my question but they sent a list of dealers that still showed the original part, 4010977, in stock. I got lucky and scored one on my second phone call. I don't know if anyone else has tried making phone calls yet, nobody has commented after my last post in the thread, but it is certainly worth a few phone calls. The info is in post #13, https://www.thevog.net/threads/intermittent-speedometer-problems.149153/#post-2974475

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.