Hacker True Duals vs Freedom Performance True Duals | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Hacker True Duals vs Freedom Performance True Duals

Discussion in 'Tech Q&A' started by alsan111, Aug 27, 2013.

1. alsan111

alsan111 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Purchasing '13 XC Soon...
    I was just on the Hacker website and saw that they are now making a "true duels" exhaust system with triple-stepped header pipes for the Cross bikes. Does anyone on here have any experience or knowledge on these pipes and how they compare to the Freedom Performcance True Duals? The price seems to be about the same.

2. tglenn387

tglenn387 Member

2011 Victory Cross Country

I can't say anything about the Freedoms, but I just installed the Hacker True Duals on my 11XC and I am very impressed. I had a set of Rippers on my 07 Vegas 8 and loved them so I figured I would stay with Hacker. I originally read some bad reviews (about the company, not the product) but tooka chance on the first set and didn't regret it. This new set was ordered a week ago and they are on today, so very fast. I bought the AMS fuel controller for both bikes and it worked just like it was supposed to. I love the sound and the look.Install wasnot a problem, just time consuming.

3. spence

spence Active Member

2011 Cross Roads Custom
    Just curious how they sound at freeway cruising speeds. Could you still hear a radio or headset without cranking it up to airport decibels. I currently have the freedoms and love everything except the cruising volume, just a tad loud for a radio and headset. I also just extended the kickstand, the left side makes it rough to grab the kickstand with your foot so I added a small tab. Should have come with the set unless I am the only one who can't get their heal under the pipe. I also used a couple of washers to space out the right side floorboard. Other than that, fantastic chrome, great rumble at idle without getting the neighborhood up to see me off at 2am. At 2500 to 3000 too loud for old ears especially on a long trip.

4. JayFL726

JayFL726 Well-Known Member

2011 Victory Cross Country/2005 Dyna
    Not Familiar with the Hackers and they may be an excellent choice, will just say My Freedom True Duals after 40,000 Miles Still Look and Sound New ..

• Like Like x 1
  5. doubledubs

doubledubs Active Member

2005 Victory Hammer
    the chrome tips on my freedom true duals are flaking pretty bad. However I did call and they are going to replace them

6. JayFL726

JayFL726 Well-Known Member

2011 Victory Cross Country/2005 Dyna
    Just to close out my opinion on this Thread , Had over 70,000 Miles and close to 4 Years on my Freedom True Duals when traded it in on the Chieftain Dark Horse and they still looked and Sounded Great ..