Guns, Bikes, and Trucks | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Guns, Bikes, and Trucks

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Boarhunter, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Boarhunter

Boarhunter Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 Victory Highball
    First and foremost, I am a gun guy. Bought my first handgun over 40 years ago, and have bought far more than I can remember in the years since that time. Practical shooting is my passion, and I put thousands of rounds down range every year.

And I am a bike guy. Rice burning bikes, Harleys, big bikes, dual purpose bikes...I have ridden them all over the years and they have been, off and on, a big part of life's pleasure. The best of the bunch is the '15 High Ball I ride now, and I expect to ride it till I can ride no more.

And I am a truck guy. Big trucks only, and they must be 4X4 whether I need it or not. I have cheated on my trucks a few times over the years...sometimes I get distracted by an occasional jeep...but other than those distractions, I have driven big, 4X4 trucks my entire adult life (Ford, by the way).

It occurred to me in reading the various threads here that I am probably not alone. That the type of person that lives to ride motorcycles is likely the same type of person attracted to guns and big trucks (or jeeps for diversion). I am thinking there is a common gene among us that takes us out of the mainstream and tells us to avoid minivans and ride/drive something more exciting. And maybe it is safer to avoid motorcycles and guns, but who wants to live that way.

Am I right?

BOARHUNTER

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Slappy

Slappy Active Member

2012 Cross Country Tour
    Same here.
    I'm just a northern "redneck" I guess.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision
    I am not at all like that. My truck is a Y2K Chevy S-10 and I only have long guns, no pistols. I do believe in gun control, I always hit what I aim at. I cannot hit squat with a handgun.

• Like Like x 6
  4. 2edgesword

2edgesword Well-Known Member

2015 Harley Street Bob
    Yea, another northern redneck here. Actually I sold a few of my other "man toys" to get my new bike. It made it easier to convince my wife that I really, really need a new motorcycle. My key tactic when it comes to buying a bigger truck is tell my wife I'll need it to pull that new 30+ foot, 8,000lbs travel trailer she wants to buy :).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boarhunter

Boarhunter Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Highball
    Ol'man, you come down here to God's country, and I will have you shooting a pistol like a pro in no time! And I might even let you ride in my Ford....

BOARHUNTER

6. rwilly

rwilly Active Member

Guns?-- Just plinkers for killing rats.
    Bikes?--Victory, Shovelheads and a few rice burners here and there.
    Trucks?--Nothing but Fords.

Yes, you are right.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Oldman47

2013 black Vision
    I wish it were that easy but I have taken that offer before. I can't hit anything with a handgun even at fairly short ranges and it is not for lack of trying.

8. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    OldM,
    Each type of handgun shoots a bit different.
    With proper training you could shoot well.
    Start off with a really long barrel heavy pistol like a 44 Mag. You wouldn't believe how easy and well they can shoot.

9. Oldman47

2013 black Vision
    My last attempt was with a long bull barrel .22. At 25 yards I was able to miss the paper over and over. I can easily hit a 2 inch target with a replica Hawken cal 50 cap lock at 100 yards, so it is not that I don't understand how to aim.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jtfrench

jtfrench Member

Victory Hammer S, Ducati Streetfighter, kawasaki Mach 3
    I am that guy too, but Chevrolet trucks. I do own a couple of Fords and a few Jeeps. A gun in every room.

• Like Like x 1
  11. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    Take some lessons OM.
    If an instructor sees what your doing wrong he can give you instruction on how to fix it. Shooting pistols recreationally is very easy to pick up, but you need to change your technique.
    What helped me a lot on instinctive shooting was to shoot at a dirt hill with clay targets laying on it and without aiming. Just keep making small adjustment to the front of the gun as your shooting until the dirt isn't the only thing jumping. You don't even need sights shooting like this.

12. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    Love handguns, although I've never owned that many. More of a long gun man as well, though I've used a handgun for hunting. It's a hoot. Right now I have a couple of .40's, a 9mm (it's actually my wife's), and a sweet sportsman 999 in .22. That one's out of print. Also a .44 Remington Navy which is a ball to shoot, but a bear to clean. I love shooting the .44 Mags although i've never owned one. Old man, it can't be too hard, I took my wife to the range about eight months ago for her very first shoot ever and went through the usual instructions.. Went right up the scale, 22, then 9, then the 40. She shot the hell out of the 10 ring with each weapon. Couldn't wait to shoot the next one. Girl's a natural. Trucks: Dodge Ram Laramie. Hemi. A few modifications. Also love to fish, but maybe that goes with the hunting thing, in a sub category. Big fish, big water. Or anything salty.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DSmith

DSmith Active Member

08 Vision, 13 Vision, 01 V92, 12 Triumph Tiger, 12 Can Am Spyder, 11 Polaris Sportsman 850 EFI, 81 Yamaha Maxum
    Yep, see my sig,

Most of my trucks were Kenworth's, real trucks! not little pickups. :angel4:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. don_n_nita99

don_n_nita99 Active Member

'12 Hammer 8Ball
    2 outta 3 here. i drive an S-10.

15. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Sight picture and trigger pull, wait you are old... Maybe it is delay of the black powder that allows you time to reaquire the target after your trigger pull was too aggressive. Needs to be surprise kinda... Or you are looking at the target and not the front sight with the target out of focus.

out of tricks, might be something else.:angel4:

• Funny Funny x 3