VOG Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 1472 Posts

· Registered
9,779 Posts
Palmetto has many Heritage Rough Rider revolvers on sale. I ended up buying one I'll give to my nephew and one for me. They are marked down and have a $30 rebate from Heritage. His was $109 and mine was $119 so they'll be under $100 after the rebate. I didn't need it but at that price I pulled the trigger. The MSRP on mine is $185 and locally I didn't it find it cheaper than $169, not that many places actually have it in sock.

I have a Ruger Wrangler but it's a 22LR that can not accept a 22Mag cylinder, the Heritage though can. For $30-40 you can get a 22mag cylinder which is what I plan to do.

This is the one I got. It's a simulated case hardened finish with a 6.5 inch barrel. I got the nephew a regular one. Nice and classic.
View attachment 637955

That's a good deal. I got one of those a couple of years ago during a special that Academy was having. Bought one of these for 129.00
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
and got the Heritage for 30.00 more with the .22 mag cylinder. Same size as yours, but they were offering special grips, so I got this:
Trigger Gun accessory Air gun Auto part Gun barrel

Like you, I don't need it, I have a Sportsman 999 that I picked up in a pawn shop many years ago for 15.00. But with the opportunity for a Magnum and at that price, I couldn't pass it up. And having the little millineum 9mm is not a bad bonus. These guns seem pretty well made, the magnum cyl is a tight fit, but works really smooth once in place.

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,589 Posts
This Rough Rider is what got Mrs back into shooting. Just found a guy that makes a plug & did a safety delete-that was the one thing that bugged me about an otherwise decent looking little pistol. Certainly don’t need a safety getting in the way on a single action revolver-looks much better now.

· Registered
9,779 Posts
This Rough Rider is what got Mrs back into shooting. Just found a guy that makes a plug & did a safety delete-that was the one thing that bugged me about an otherwise decent looking little pistol. Certainly don’t need a safety getting in the way on a single action revolver-looks much better now.
Yep, that's the one I got.

· Super Moderator
27,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,444 ·
Does he have a website? I hate that external safety. It's the main reason I hadn't bought one of these yet.

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,589 Posts
I looked & there are none of the plugs available at this time. Here's the link to where I got mine, looks like you can click the seller- evodude on Ebay to contact him if you wanted to.
RR Safety Plug
It's not much & a guy could probably fill in the space with some epoxy putty, sand & paint to end up about the same if not better looking filler.

· Premium Member
14,558 Posts

· Registered
6,955 Posts
Palmetto has many Heritage Rough Rider revolvers on sale. I ended up buying one I'll give to my nephew and one for me. They are marked down and have a $30 rebate from Heritage. His was $109 and mine was $119 so they'll be under $100 after the rebate. I didn't need it but at that price I pulled the trigger. The MSRP on mine is $185 and locally I didn't it find it cheaper than $169, not that many places actually have it in sock.

I have a Ruger Wrangler but it's a 22LR that can not accept a 22Mag cylinder, the Heritage though can. For $30-40 you can get a 22mag cylinder which is what I plan to do.

This is the one I got. It's a simulated case hardened finish with a 6.5 inch barrel. I got the nephew a regular one. Nice and classic.
View attachment 637955
Are you trying to get me to spend money?

· Super Moderator
27,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,449 ·
  • Agree
Reactions: IM12STPN

· Super Moderator
27,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,450 ·
I looked at "see similar items"on the link I posted & see the safety delete plugs are available. Problem is the goofball's asking $25 each, I thought $18 was steep for what it is.
RR Safety Delete Plug
$25 with $5 for shipping. Goodness! Don't think I need one that bad.

I put it on my watchlist. Maybe he'll drop the price at some point.

· Premium Member
14,558 Posts

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,589 Posts
Went out shooting this morning, Mrs got me an automatic clay thrower for Christmas & she‘s been getting into breaking clays with her .410 & continues to improve her average every week with several 4/5’s as we took turns. On the way back stopped in LGS to see if anything grabbed me & saw an old Walther PP in the used gun case. Sales guy was clueless about it, no caliber markings anywhere , only the PP 7.65 marked on the magazine. I did spot the waffen stamps & was surprised at the asking price so home it came, with a trashed holster, extra magazine, & case.

A little research showed it’s a “plain slide” made in the spring of 1945 just before the war ended & checking recent sales I did good, the magazines alone are going for $200 & up each.
Cleaned up & the bore is bright & shiny, hasn’t been fired much. Remembered a set of grips that I ordered for Mrs PPK but mistakenly ordered ones for a PP. Found them & and with some minor fitting they’re on & it looks a bit less military & no harm done to the collector value.

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,589 Posts
I declared this Saturday 32 ACP day & rounded up my small collection Of 32’s. Also tried out my first batch of .410 reloads & couldn’t tell any difference from factory loads.

Not shown is my Kel-Tek P32 that we shot today too. The new Walther broke the clay I stuck in the snow at about 30’ on the first shot, very nice shooter.
P32 was joined by Beretta Tomcat & Cheetah, a 105 year old Colt Pocket Hammerless that’s as classy as the day it was made, a sweet 1954 Star mini-1911, Erma 68a mini Luger, & the the 1945 Walther PP.

1441 - 1460 of 1472 Posts