VOG Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1452 Posts

· Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,381 ·
You need to get on the Norma mailing list as I have gotten mine for free... This is how it works, they have a sale on their training and/or tactical ammo and you buy two boxes as a great price and they throw one of those in for free. Happens about every other month and covers several calibers. I have got them in .380, 9mm and the bestest .45 ACP. Heck even got a box of free match with a purchase on two .308 training rounds at thirty something for a box of 50 147 gr.

Free shipping on orders over 150.00 and just shop the sales and visit their site...

The ammo is okay and consistent, but them monolith rounds, deadly.
DONE!

Reactions: Flyboy

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,569 Posts
I declared our range visit last Saturday 357 Day & had 3 revolvers out to try my first batch of wadcutter loads out. The loads were light & accurate-really like the crisp clean holes they punch. I'm working on loading up more this week to have for paper punching. Kept the range close at 35' and at this distance the Kimber snubbie was turning in some of the best fast/slow fire groups. These are all great revolvers & I do believe shooting them helps make me a better shot with a semi-auto pistol.

· Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,383 ·
Think I found my next gun.

An AR........410!!!
Air gun Trigger Guitar accessory Machine gun Gun barrel

That's right. An AR chambered in a .410 caliber.

Seems like a great home defense weapon for the wife. Claims to, and reviews confirm, almost zero recoil. I already have a good amount of .410 defensive ammo so I'd be set up.

I don't have a green gun and I think that would make it easy for my wife to pick out among the black ones.

There are a few on the market but this seems to be the best functioning, most reliable.

· Registered
9,578 Posts
Now, that, I really like. And for exactly the reasons you do. My Mum-in-law was asking me about a home defense gun for her and I suggested a .410 pump jr. Something with multiple rounds, low blast and recoil, fright factor, and being a jr. shorter stock and barrel. This is even better. I don't do shotguns, but I could see it for fun in the woods.

· Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,385 ·
Now, that, I really like. And for exactly the reasons you do. My Mum-in-law was asking me about a home defense gun for her and I suggested a .410 pump jr. Something with multiple rounds, low blast and recoil, fright factor, and being a jr. shorter stock and barrel. This is even better. I don't do shotguns, but I could see it for fun in the woods.
Yes sir! My wife's current go to gun is a Remington 870 Youth model in 20ga. I think this is better.

At least that's how I'm going to sell it. Lol!

· Registered
3,562 Posts

· Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,390 ·
Reactions: KeepRidin!

· Registered
2013 Cross Country
672 Posts

· Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,395 ·
This does not seem like justice to me. I can see her getting probation but I think a medal might be more appropriate. The part that really bothers me is the court ordered restitution to the turd's family of $150K.

· Registered
1999 V92C & 2009 VISION
1,569 Posts
Came across a very clean pre-owned Kel-Tek P32 at a good price, in the original box, extra magazine, & 50 rounds of ammo. Of the six 32’s I have in the mouse gun collection it’s the smallest lightest. Fully loaded with 7+1 rounds it weighs in at 9 ounces that will make it a great carry piece as I walk around the Pondarosa rehabbing the new hip.

Doing some research on this model it’s a very early one they call the gen 1 that from what I’ve found many prefer over the improved model that’s a bit heavier as the stopped using the hexagonal tool steel that the slide’s machined out of & started using square stock that made the slide a bit more bulky.

· Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,397 ·
Came across a very clean pre-owned Kel-Tek P32 at a good price, in the original box, extra magazine, & 50 rounds of ammo. Of the six 32’s I have in the mouse gun collection it’s the smallest lightest. Fully loaded with 7+1 rounds it weighs in at 9 ounces that will make it a great carry piece as I walk around the Pondarosa rehabbing the new hip.

Doing some research on this model it’s a very early one they call the gen 1 that from what I’ve found many prefer over the improved model that’s a bit heavier as the stopped using the hexagonal tool steel that the slide’s machined out of & started using square stock that made the slide a bit more bulky.
For years I carried a KelTec P-3AT, which is the 380. It's been nothing but reliable. Not bad to shoot and like you said very light. Now days it's my gym gun.

• Informative
Reactions: jwfuchs1

· Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,398 ·
My duty pistol is almost done. Just waiting on the iron sights to arrive. I'm digging it!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

• Winner
Reactions: jwfuchs1
1381 - 1400 of 1452 Posts