VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to get a loud growling noise coming up through the fairing on leaning turns a speed.
I jacked the front of the bike and checked the front wheel for any obvious bearing issues but it all seems to be tight.
Tires are dunlops installed by the Polaris/Indian dealer I purchased it from with about 500mi on them.
Before I start probing deeper, wanted to see if some of ya'll have experienced this.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
most likely tire noise on certain surfaces

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
I think I would start at the brakes and work my way up.

Did you replace the brake pads lately? Or have some other maintenance done?

Or are you at the mileage you need to get some done?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I’ve had front tires that screamed through the corners but they were mid life or towards their end and were scalloped.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
which dunlop tires to you have and how many miles on them ? the E"3s on mine started growling on mine after 5 or 6 thou mi and only in turns at speed like you mentioned. i thought the same thing when i first heard the noise, hopefully that's all it is for you as well, the E 3's were noisy. E4's on now, so far so good but i only have a couple thou on them :ride:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correction: I have a Mickey Commander II front and E4 on the back. The dealer replaced the front when it came in, I had them replace the rear with an E4 when I bought it. Never really looked at the front, tread looks the same as the E4. So could just be the tire. its worse on some roads then others.
Have not done any brake pads, checked them and they are almost new.

·
Super Moderator
26,150 Posts
Maybe I'm deaf or just hear it and know it to be the tires and don't register it to memory.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
@Texasbaehr my buddy had commanders on his yamaha and he said they were noisy.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Now you got me wondering.......I will have to turn down the booming booty music on the way home to see if my cobra chromes growl...........and hopefully there will be no traffic on that one turn on my way where I actually lean the bike for a millisecond..........

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now you got me wondering.......I will have to turn down the booming booty music on the way home to see if my cobra chromes growl...........and hopefully there will be no traffic on that one turn on my way where I actually lean the bike for a millisecond..........
Well Damn, it's a new tire that the PO had the dealer put on when he was trying to sell it, before he traded it. I'll have to put up with it until it's tire time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.