VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just after a little bit of advice,i have a victory hammer s 2009,it has the ground pounder exhaust with the exhaust wrap on,is there an alternative for the exhaust wrap as i think its ugly,i did not buy the bike from new, so bike was brought with ground pounders all ready fitted,had the bike nearly 12 months now,love the bike just the exhaust wrap in my opinion spoils the look of the bike
thanks for any advice

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
View attachment 496865

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder .....
I dig how mine looks.
I dig even more how it performs ....

Peter

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
The titanium wrap does look better suited against the My all Black bike ....

Perhaps a different colored wrap for your blue ??

I'm not certain what you will find under the wrap .....depends on the life of the bike before you had it ...... unless the pipes are stainless steel .

Peter

·
Registered
3,154 Posts

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
nice looking bike for sure,just dont like the wrap,as you say beauty is in the eye of the beholder
this is my beauty View attachment 496869
I think this exhaust is called "Zoomies" from Hacker. I realize Ground Pounder is somewhat generic, but the pipes you see on Peter's Hammer are actually called "Ground Pounders" from Conquest Customs. I agree that they seem to kinda miss the mark against your blue paint. Unfortunately I think your best option would be to sell them used and put the money toward a more attractive exhaust.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Yeah those are Hacker Zoomies. You could try black wrap.

I have the black titanium wrap with the DEI flexible heat shield on my Conquest Customs Ground Pounders.

View attachment 496909

View attachment 496911

Maybe take them off remove the wrap and check the condition. If they're in good shape have them painted. High temp cerakote seems to work well. If they're pitted, rewrap in black.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the replies,much appreciated,will definately have a look under the wrap at the condition of the pipes once the riding season is over here in england,as for mods,i know there is a power commander under the seat.not sure what make.maybe re-wrapping them is the best soloution,maybe blue to match the bike,anyway thanks once again

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
IMO .... the black wrap looks very good with the Blue bike ....

that is what I would do.

Peter

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah those are Hacker Zoomies. You could try black wrap.

I have the black titanium wrap with the DEI flexible heat shield on my Conquest Customs Ground Pounders.

View attachment 496909

View attachment 496911

Maybe take them off remove the wrap and check the condition. If they're in good shape have them painted. High temp cerakote seems to work well. If they're pitted, rewrap in black.
What bag and rack do you have on your bike there?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Have the pipes ceramic coated, that does wonders for holding the heat inside and not on your leg, plus no need for wrap.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Red accents always look good on a blue bike. Then add the red wrap and botta Bing, you have a head turner.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.