VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good grip choices? Stock ones are wore out and to be honest I’ve never really liked them all that much! So looking for ideas for something better!

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
So many options. Hit up kuryakyn, witchdoctors, victoryonly, jpcycles. I have the Kuryakyn ISO grips. Very happy with them but everyone will like different. Consider the weather you ride in and temperature, the types of roads nearby. NY probably has a lot of rough roads and potholes so non-rubber will probably cause some aching of the hands, wrists and palms. Heated grips may be an option if you think you'll need them and there are far less options going that route. Finally, something that you like the feel of and lastly the look of.

Reactions: Wuzupez

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Personally, I like ISO grips. I have them on my Magnum and on my M109R. These are not the best pictures of the grips, but if you zoom in some, you can see them.

Tire Fuel tank Sky Wheel Helmet

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I run the Avon contour grips, and they are pretty nice.
The tiny knobs do wear down and mine became a little sticky to the touch after that happened, but not enough for me to want to change them.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Kuryakyn ISO grips are pretty nice. Very comfortable and my hands don't get fatigued and vibrated to death.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a set of the Ness Deep Cut in black on the KP. Super easy to put on, and helps a LOT with vibration. Slightly larger diameter than stock, which is super comfortable for me (frying pan hands). They're a unique look for bikes in my area, as the majority of the ones I see are ISOs or stock. They have them in chrome as well, if that's more your bike's look.

My only gripe is that right out of the package, they feel like they were hosed down with Armor All. Tried to wipe it off with a little simple green, then rubbing alcohol, and it still got on my hands. Took a few rides for it to all work it's way out, but it did.

Fuel tank Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are on super rough roads frequently, a set of weighted bar ends for the ISOs might be a good addition. I've ridden a couple of bikes with and without. Won't do much for potholes or really ****ty roads, but for highway and back roads with cracks and general turbulence, they smooth out the worst of it, then the rubber dampens it even more. Also black and/or chrome.

Kuryakyn ISO Grip Bar End Weights | 10% ($4.10) Off! - RevZilla

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
If you are on super rough roads frequently, a set of weighted bar ends for the ISOs might be a good addition. I've ridden a couple of bikes with and without. Won't do much for potholes or really ****ty roads, but for highway and back roads with cracks and general turbulence, they smooth out the worst of it, then the rubber dampens it even more. Also black and/or chrome.

Kuryakyn ISO Grip Bar End Weights | 10% ($4.10) Off! - RevZilla
Even better would be the weighted bar end on the left and the cruise control that looks just like bar end on the right.

Kuryakyn Mechanical Throttle Bar End Cruise Assist | 10% ($9.20) Off! - RevZilla

·
Registered
266 Posts
Personally, I like ISO grips. I have them on my Magnum and on my M109R. These are not the best pictures of the grips, but if you zoom in some, you can see them.

View attachment 430001

View attachment 430025
To each his own... Even with my large hands, I can't stand these grips. Too large and bumpy, I like a linear grip like the OE one (which I like a lot).

·
Registered
417 Posts
ISO grips nice and comfy

Automotive tire Rim Cylinder Bicycle part Tints and shades

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.