VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at dealer today picking up my bike and seen they offer a roof on the slingshot now. This makes it legal in Nj to drive it without a helmet. Looks like t-tops that probably can be removed. I think this will definitely up sales.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I've seen a few down here with a top a pretty long time ago. I'm not sure I'd want one with a top though, not that I have any desire for one anyways. I'd rather a dune buggy.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sorry, can't give 2 craps.

The Slingshot is on the same road as Victory was with PoleAirAss.

WW

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Say what you will about it but if ever get a chance to drive one do it, It was one of the funnest things I have ever driven. 15 MPH corners at 60+ and it sticks to the road.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Do you ride your bike in the middle of the road? Or in one of the wheel ruts left or right of center? Where does road grime and debris end up on roads??? The center, right?
Now put a little moisture on said road grime.

How''s the traction in the center of the lane now?

Yep. Not good. And that's where the traction wheel is on this POS.

Ever hear of Ralph Nader's book "unsafe at any speed"??? Just wait....the new unsafe at any speed will be the Slingshot.

And it will be orphaned by Polaris.

Look up the recalls on it. As the one picture shows, they have a slight overheating problem. Several have caught fire.
Handling??? There's a video of one crashing on a race track.

This...

Or this...

Do the research...

·
Registered
820 Posts
I was at dealer today picking up my bike and seen they offer a roof on the slingshot now. This makes it legal in Nj to drive it without a helmet. Looks like t-tops that probably can be removed. I think this will definitely up sales.
Doesn't a roof just make it a car. It ain't a bike. Bikes you have to straddle. Carriages you sit in.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Can't we all get along? My Vegas and the wifey's Slingshot found a way to ;). I have to agree, the Sling is a blast to drive and it is certainly not a bike.

·
Registered
820 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: slej

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Do you ride your bike in the middle of the road? Or in one of the wheel ruts left or right of center? Where does road grime and debris end up on roads??? The center, right?
Now put a little moisture on said road grime.

How''s the traction in the center of the lane now?

Yep. Not good. And that's where the traction wheel is on this POS.

Ever hear of Ralph Nader's book "unsafe at any speed"??? Just wait....the new unsafe at any speed will be the Slingshot.

And it will be orphaned by Polaris.

Look up the recalls on it. As the one picture shows, they have a slight overheating problem. Several have caught fire.
Handling??? There's a video of one crashing on a race track.

This...

Or this...

Do the research...
The guys in that video are idiots, they went into hating it so they were never going to like it. I have driven them several times and they are fun, fun, fun... Is it s a bike, hell no but they are a hoot to drive. If I was worried about safety I would never ride my bike. Until you drive one on some twisty roads your opinion on it means nothing.
My only complaint about it that it is under powered but so was my Vic till I changed that.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
The Slingshot is “Dance,Dance Revolution”.
My nieces had to have that video game once they got it, they played with it a few times and never touched it again.
That said, I almost bought one. My wife signed off on it if I agreed to postpone retirement to pay for it.

Well played.

• Haha
Reactions: mobear66

·
Registered
820 Posts
The Slingshot is "Dance,Dance Revolution".
My nieces had to have that video game once they got it, they played with it a few times and never touched it again.
That said, I almost bought one. My wife signed off on it if I agreed to postpone retirement to pay for it.

Well played.
Damn sneaky vixens. Mine does that crap all the time. Hooes up and an emergency landing to follow as my dreams are crushed. Now I just do it and crash right into that I am mad and disappointed wall. My old man always said I was tough and dumb and boy do I prove it. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Bujee1

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
If I were going to modify a slingshot, I think I'd add another wheel. But my second choice would be a roof. 3rd- AC... then snow tires, a gun rack, 2 dogs and a couple hookers, female preferred.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.