VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know. It sucks if you own one and are thinking of getting rid of it, but if you are in the market for one, probably no better time. I don't think HD has anything as nice for even close to this price, and I won't even talk about performance.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
randysfishing said:
Yeah lets kill re sale value I just love seeing a 2008 Ness JP for $14,999
I think we should put this resale issue into perspective because a lot of folks have misguided memories of 1995 and H-D's that had a 2 year waiting list and were holding 100% of their value.....1995 and 2010 are worlds apart. A high quality car that holds a VERY STRONG resale value will be lucky to hold 55% of its value after 3 years. That would make a $23K Jackpot 3 years later worth about $12.6K......regardless of miles.....WHY???? because there are 20 of them for sale right now (blinged out I might add) that are in pristine shape with less than 5K miles on them. We all know a Victory will run forever so whats 5,000 miles?

H-D is not much better than Victory. Check the 4000 for sale on e-bay and you will see high asking prices, but look at the buying prices.....big disparity. Yes, you can point to a couple glamorous sales where someone "just had to have it", but in today's economy EVERYONE is bargain shopping.

The dealer is not putting the price that low for giggles, he knows that is what its gonna take to move it off the floor.

I have a couple friends that buy and sell classic cars for a living and they have seen an ENORMOUS correction in prices. They say a lot of sellers are still in shock because they just cannot believe that their "investments" have plummeted in value. They never thought a classic car could depreciate. Watch Meacum auto auction some night and you'll see well over half the cars do not meet the reserve prices.....and as the auctions go on you see more and more owners dropping their reserves right there on the spot to move the car as reality sets in.

This is NOT a Victory issue, its a 2010 U.S. economic correction issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.