VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I decide to breakdown and do this whole GPS integration thing right (sound connection on bike and BlueTooth with my Scala Cardo Rider Q2).Bought a Garmin Zumo 660. Great unit. I knew that to get total integration with bike, I needed the Garmin Motorcycle Audio Integration / Mount Kit (Victory PN 2877930). Dealer came down on the $1000 MSRP for both, but I still paidpaid $75-100 over what I could have purchased on line . . . did thisjust to support my local dealer. Unit performs great on my way home.
Get everything out of the box. I'm wanting to mount to my center console. Garmin ships with a variety of Ram mount hardware, but this seems to be hardware to mount to handle bars. I also have the motorcycle mount kit, so I think I'm golden, right? Wrong! It seems that I now need the Victory PN 2878028 GPS Mount Kit for another $149 MSRP to get properly installed. WTF??? I know, I know . .. welcome to Victory aftermarket parts scam and I'm sure HD is worse, but it's starting to lessen my otherwise "happy" experience of upgrading my new bike. What's equally frustrating is that the parts guy know less about all this than I do . . . they really shouls spend some time on these forums!
Two questions:
  • Any clean, inexpensive, and sturdyway to mount this Zumo 660 to console without having to buy Victory's $149 mount?
  • What's the chances that I take console apart only to find that this Zumo Audio harness won't connect to my 09 Vision? Any easy fixes/ adapters if this is the case. (I went through 2 iPod adapters till I found the one that worked with my 09.)
Thanks in advance for your help here!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Man314 said:
WTF??? I know, I know . .. welcome to Victory aftermarket parts scam and I'm sure HD is worse, but it's starting to lessen my otherwise "happy" experience of upgrading my new bike. What's equally frustrating is that the parts guy know less about all this than I do . . . they really shouls spend some time on these forums!
Welcome to my world...lol It is not a Victory scam, it is just lack of knowledge on the dealer end. Just mention the iPod cable and you will get three different answers on what fits what year...

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

OK, I'll say up front that I'm not any kind of expert on the Garmin 660 as I have the NUVI 1200 series with traffic, but I have gone through the whole mount issue to the center console.
I advice on the mount issue is to go look at RAM Mounts online. I got absolutely no help from Naperville Victory (out of business) and so I had to do everything on my own. RAM mounts website is VERY user friendly and you can select "motorcycle mounts", then choose your type of GPS device and then it will bring up multiple options for you.
As for the install, it was pretty straight forward although I do not have my Garmin integrated into the stereo (not possible with my version) so my install was a little more "old School". I mounted to the center console plate, and then run the power cord to the glove box. I did make a small U notch in the side so the cable does not pinch and, as an fyi, I do not get any water in wher I made the notch out so don't worry about that issue.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Wow! You can watch TV on that thing...
Yeah he does, in fact i think he was watching "chips" when we got pulled over leaving Florida LOL

Hey Mark quick question, now that you have had them for a while, can you do a quickie review on the Vic Highway pegs? Im curious if they still are awkward or have you gotten used to them more? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Don't worry Don, I don't even recognize my own posts with the new avatar.
Dean,
They are still as awkward as ever. For someone like you or I with longer legs, the pegs are just too far back. I can rest the back of my heel on them so I guess they do provide some comfort. I will say that when I went into Arizona Victory I saw a mount on a Ness Vision that goes under the front tipover so they are moved quite a bit forward. the cost on the mount only is $119 I think and the existing pegs will go right on so that will most likely be the next move. Once I get that added I'll let you know if it is worth it. As of right now, the standard ones wouldn't rate real well with us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.