VOG Forum banner

GPS Mounting

5428 15
I have a Garmin c530 Street Pilot that I use in the car and Iwant to mount on my Vision. I generaly don't use it a lot and only put it on when I'm nearing my destination.It has a battery that lasts up to (claimed) 8 hrs so I don't need to hook it up to a power supply.Currently I mount it with the suction cup on a disc Istuck on the dash but I'm looking to move it up a little closer. I'm considering the RAM mount cup holder that attaches to the bars but I've never seeen thisaccesory mounted on a vision yet.
My question is, 1. Where does the unit bolt onto?
2. Does anyone have acloseup photo of it on the bike that I could see?
3. If you have this setup do you find itinterferes with your view of the mirror on that side?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

Posting pics for Vern aka rldr12:

"I used the ram mount that came with the Zumo and bought $25 an atv ram mount so that I could have the second round mount the one the dash If I can be of further assistance let me know Vern"

Not quite sure how Vern did his wiring, but I know he has it all tucked inside the works. No wires hanging anywhere! Very clean job.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Here is what my zumo 550 looks like on my bike. Hope it helps. As you can see all my wires are tucked tight and neat.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi...newbee here. @Fishwitch..did you take the polished dash/radio cover off to install zumo or drill right thru it? I just picked up a new vision tour on Tuesday and have a zumo 550 from my DUC I wanted to install in the same location you did. Dealer says there isn't enough clearance above radio for mounting screws. Any help/tips is appreciated. Thanks
Treeskiervt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.