VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Garmin Nuvi 225W gps unit and I would like to mount it on my handlebars. Does anyone know what type of a mount I can get to fit it. I know it's not weather proof but I think I can work around that. Right now all I want to do is put it on the handlebars, then I'll work on getting power to it. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get you 2 RAM-B-349U from Ram one for each side they mount into the hole that would be for the mirrors on the other models.Just remove the black plastic plug and screw in the ball mount the one on the right side I use for a beverage holder.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have been using a powered RAM mount for my little Garmin Quest and it's been working great for me-waterproof + I can take it off put it in my pocket and use anywhere with 20 hours of battery life.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Texasgrumpy, I look at the ball for my current windshield mount for the Nuvi 255W and the ball is only 5/8" in dia so I am going to have to keep looking for a way to mount it. The RamB 349U ball is 1" in dia. Still open for suggestions though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
jgn281 said:
I have a Garmin Nuvi 225W gps unit and I would like to mount it on my handlebars. Does anyone know what type of a mount I can get to fit it. I know it's not weather proof but I think I can work around that. Right now all I want to do is put it on the handlebars, then I'll work on getting power to it. Thanks.
I bought the Ram mount system. There is a ball that screws into the mirror receptacle on either side. I find that the gps is in line with the mirrors though. I bought the weatherproof box. It's BIG! and blocks a lot of the mirror. I'm thinking that with a longer stem mount it may be placed so it doesn't.

I've been looking for a different mount as well. I've posted in the other forum re the 2008 vision gps mount. I have a 2009 but I don't think it makes a difference.

good luck

·
Registered
87 Posts
ByteN2it said:
I have been using a powered RAM mount for my little Garmin Quest and it's been working great for me-waterproof + I can take it off put it in my pocket and use anywhere with 20 hours of battery life.
Great photo. It looks like it is off to the side enough that it doesn't block too much of the mirror. Powered mount? I tried finding it on the Ram-Mount site. No luck so far. Are you hard wired into the system?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I transfered the power from the suction cup GPS holder that came with the unit over to the Ram one-no it doesn't play out the speakers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Garmin says the Quest is a discontinued model however good ole E-bay has them and for a modest price for $124 NIB, if I am correct. If I can't find a way to attach the Nuvi then I may have to get a Quest for the Vision andmy Nuvi is strictly for my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.