VOG Forum banner

gps info

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  VVVet 
#1 ·
hi all, i just bought a garmin 2720 gps for my 08 vision. what else do i need for it for my vision and what options do i have for mounting it. i know about buying the mount to put in on the console but dont really want to pay $90 for it. also, can i do the work myself to connect the electrical or do i need to have the dealer connect it?

thanks

darren

#2 ·
tht electrical connection is a joke.. you will be able to do it with your eyes closed!!! as far as the mount..i didnt want to pay for it either but the electical cord needefd for the gps is Short and you will have to mount the gps there the mount would go anyways.. plus the mount allows for the gps to sit at the proper angle for lighting and what not... i made my own mount at first and i had to lower my head to see it during day time riding...

#3 ·
Arkainzeye said:
tht electrical connection is a joke.. you will be able to do it with your eyes closed!!! as far as the mount..i didnt want to pay for it either but the electical cord needefd for the gps is Short and you will have to mount the gps there the mount would go anyways.. plus the mount allows for the gps to sit at the proper angle for lighting and what not... i made my own mount at first and i had to lower my head to see it during day time riding...
so how did you mount it? and where?

#4 ·
i mounted it using the Victory mounting kit... it mount right above the radio controls.. everything i used was from victory. the one i made i mounted in the same spot and it wasnt worth it.. made it too hard to see during the day, and i didnt really trust it for the long haul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.