VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Does that one integrat into the stock Vision stereo? Also, it seems like it is only a couple of bucks cheaper. I purchased a leftover Tour Tec from a Victory dealer on Ebay for under $400.00 with all the hardware. If you look there are some deals out there. As far as it doing more, it does but all I needed was navigation. Dont care about bluetooth or fancy options, just need to get where I am going :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Soprano13 said:
Hey guys,
Just wondering why someone would pay almost $1000, for the victory Garmin GPS.
All it does is navigate no special features.
I still can't figure out why the Zumos are sooo expensive. Just because they are labeled "motorcycle friendly" the price goes way up. You can get comparable units for the car for $200.00. I can't believe it costs another $600.00 to make a unit waterproof and glove freindly. It seems to be the same with any accessory that is "made for motorcycles" As soon as that label is put on it, the price gets jacked up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

dsjr70 said:
Does that one integrat into the stock Vision stereo? Also, it seems like it is only a couple of bucks cheaper. I purchased a leftover Tour Tec from a Victory dealer on Ebay for under $400.00 with all the hardware. If you look there are some deals out there. As far as it doing more, it does but all I needed was navigation. Dont care about bluetooth or fancy options, just need to get where I am going :)
the bike is still in the dealer. so i dont know if the audio will play though the bikes stero. but the mount has a big powerful speaker on it so either way it will be fine. thereis a 3.5 mm jack that says audio out on the mount as well as a 3.5 mm jack that says mic in. soo im sure it should hook up to the mp3 players input. then i can listen to mp3's on the zumo and xm. =0)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
BreadmanRo said:
I still can't figure out why the Zumos are sooo expensive. Just because they are labeled "motorcycle friendly" the price goes way up. You can get comparable units for the car for $200.00. I can't believe it costs another $600.00 to make a unit waterproof and glove freindly. It seems to be the same with any accessory that is "made for motorcycles" As soon as that label is put on it, the price gets jacked up.
$600 extra wouldnt be bad if it made it water proof but they are only weather proof. Strange the one for my boat is waterproof and still half the price and includes a fish finder???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
If you avaoid the word "Tourtech" when looking on ebay you will save $$$$ I have the 2820 on mine and its the exact same unit as the tourtech that Vic sells. The only diff is it doesnt have the Vic Dealers loaded into it (Big deal most of them arent there anymore anyway)
It still works through the radio if you get the vic mount and cable.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Clubford00 said:
If you avaoid the word "Tourtech" when looking on ebay you will save $$$$ I have the 2820 on mine and its the exact same unit as the tourtech that Vic sells. The only diff is it doesnt have the Vic Dealers loaded into it (Big deal most of them arent there anymore anyway)
It still works through the radio if you get the vic mount and cable.

Clubford,
I just got back from my dealer to find out if the Tourtech would work on my '10. They do not think it will work with the integrated system because the harness is different on the '10. But the mount is the same. Since I will be using my Starcom instead of the OEM intercom that should not be a problem. Thanks for the info on the 2820. I was checking ebay today and the Tourtech's were going for $790.00. I will check for the 2820 and see what comes up. BTW Can you up;oad custom routes on the 2820 like you can on others?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
MSRP on Garmins have always been expensive. I have a Zumo 550 that I got for $400 off ebay a couple years ago. Back then it was worth it for the waterproof, bluetooth, and xm because not many other GPSes had those features. I picked up a Scala Q2 so I could hear the directions.

The 660 is cheaper than the 550 so you should be able to find it at a decent price if you look around.

One reason they may be more expensive is they might have a different screen than others. There are many different types of touch screens. Some are cheaper than others. I would bet the screen they used so it works in rain with gloves on is a bit more expensive than the car touch screens.

I am thinking about selling my 550 and getting the 220. All I really use the go home and bluetooth features. I don't need all the extras the 550 offers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 755t online at GPSCity for $181, shipping included. I've got it mounted on the bars with some RAM mount parts I have had. I also had to buy a RAM adapter for the GPS. It was about $16 with shipping. Now I'm using the cigarette lighter cable that came with the GPS, but I think I'll buy the "bare end" cable from Garmin (about $22) and permenantly hardwire it through a on/off switch I'll install in the blank area of the switch panel above key. I tested it out on the bike the other day, and could use the touch screen even with HEAVY leather gloves on. That did surprise me. The screen is very bright and readable. The only time it may be hard (but not impossible) to read is when bright direct sunlight is shining on it. All in all, I'm very happy with this investment thus far. Look like when I'm done, it ought to have cost me no more than $220 for GPS, RAM mounts, wires, switches, etc. And, I have already downloaded POI's for all Victory dealers ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Clubford00 said:
What if you dont have the software? Can you download something from the computer?
If you don't have the original Mapsource program, you should be able to go to Garmin's site and download the free POI loader. This should allow you to upload POI's and even set alerts for distance to them and more. I think this is the page you need:

Garmin POI loader
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top