Discussion Starter · #1 ·
glorialove
DATE:​
12/26/2009 06:25:41
SUBJECTS:​
[email protected]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you
This is my wish for you: peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!

Friendship is not only because of feelings or what we have but because of understanding,sharing and caring.friendship does not think distance,age or even colour.friendship is not just playing or chatting with each other.but friendship is hearing each others voice from the heart.A friend is a gift from God.someone who will cares as much as i do.i have read your profile in thevog.ne and i became interested in you and i will like to know you more,i am miss gloria,i want to be your friend
please mail on (gloria[email protected]) then i will send you my picture and as well tell you more about me.
hope to hear from you soonest.
thanks gloria. ([email protected])

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I've passed this over to the Webmaster and will keep this thread updated with what I've found.

The good news is there's no links or malicious code in the message. So, it's just a trouble maker sending internal messages...not sending them to your "outside" email addresses.

FYI, everyones's email address is hidden/encoded and while a message such as this is an annoyance, it's not a security issue.

I will recommending not responding by sending an email to the outside, yahoo address as, most likely, the response you would get with the promised "photo" that would require downloading would probably contain some bad stuff.

While this is a first for this site, it's not an uncommon occurrence in this day and age. Just don't bite the hook.

P.S. The Webmaster has deleted the sender's account and yes, these messages were sent internally and no security protocols were violated and the registered email addresses were not accessed. FYI, the account was setup just a few minutes prior to that user sending out the emails. So, it's just a troublemaker...sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Well I know I don't care to have Gloria's picture. I received it too.

Andy I sent PM before I checked the forum so no need to repspond. Got my answer right here. As usual, VOG on the ball.

·
Administrator
250 Posts
Our apologies to the members that received a message from Glorialove this morning. We have investigated this and see that is was done manually. Anyone can manually send a message to other VOG members via the system but no one (other than admins) can send a mass email/message. Glorialove sent messages to only a small percent of the VOG members (she/he probably got tired from copying and pasting) but now she/he is banned, the username banned, IP address banned and email address banned. The account was deleted as well.

When you have a popular website with active members this sort of thing can happen but we do work hard to make it tough on spammers by having very strict security settings on TheVOG's dedicated server. We appreciate you help in reporting SPAM.

Debbie
Admin

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Thanks to Debbie for jumping on this quickly and efficiently.

It's not strange that an attempt such as this to be made on a Holiday weekend as the mentality is that most sites would not have a 24/7 Admin available to investigate these types of situations and to jump on them before they get out of hand.

Again, thanks to Debbie!

Please note that only a few Members (less than 5%) received this message. So if you received an email stating that you have a message on this site and you don't have a message when you login, then it was already deleted by our Admin.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
It takes a while for these people to find all their "Marks" on the internet. Sooner or late ay good site will get found out. Usually also where there is one, others soon follow. So I ask all Vog members to be extra careful to "Know " all of the people that ask you for anything.
Have a safe and happy holiday to all

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Just checked my email and there was a mail that said I had a PM on the Vog from "Gloria"
So I was hit also, but i was one of the ones Debbie caught and deleted before i saw it.
Thanks Deb and Thanks Andy for having her watch our backs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So gloria doesn't really want to get to know me better and she doesn't value our nonexistent friendship?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Just checked my email and there was a mail that said I had a PM on the Vog from "Gloria"
So I was hit also, but i was one of the ones Debbie caught and deleted before i saw it.
Thanks Deb and Thanks Andy for having her watch our backs.
Me too. Thanks Deb & Andy

Chas

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, what a let down .Here I was thinking glorialove thought I was special(maybe because I stillhave a harleyt-shirt) and then I found out she sent the same message to YOU other folks too.I am so disappointed.:):)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.