VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of my Vegas today. Got it back Thursday from the Dealer. 3 weeks in the shop to replace the Riser bushings! 6th time in the shop in 11 months, 3383 miles on it. The wife and I went out last night for a ride, got about 2 miles and the bars were loose again. Went to the Honda dealer and traded it in on a VTX 1800. I know you all love your bikes, but the Vegas was the biggest POS I have ever owned. It broke down on me taking it home the day I bought it and has never been right. I hope everybody on the VOG enjoys thier bikes. Me, I am happy to be back on a Honda. Have great rides and stay safe.

·
Registered
807 Posts

Sorry to hear about your lemon. I'd have a tough time staying with Victory as well, but it sounds like your dealer is the problem more than the manufacturer.
I guess I'd have a tougher time here since the dealer I bought my Vision from is also a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Sounds more like a dealer with a "service" (word service used sarcastically) department that would rather service Hondas. You don't have to stop stopping by here though! Good luck with the new scoot.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
cant say I blame you either. I've been lucky with over 120k on my 2 Victories. My 99 had some growing pains, my KP only cost me about $25 broken parts after 45,000 miles. I agree though a good service department really makes the sale worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Hey Rocketman, sorry to hear about this. But rest assured, you're still welcomed here...really!

How about uploading some photos of your new bike?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Andy,
I will get some pictures soon. My problem wasn't just the dealer, although that was most of it. I just could never get the belt noise or the handling problems fixed. The service manager said the Vegas was made for "just one up riding". The belt chirped all the time. With or without a passenger. The rear end drifted on me. I have been riding for over 40 years. I know when a bike is not handling properly. I rode a friends KP and it rode fine, although I could hear a slight belt chirp on his too.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
rocketman37 said:
Andy,
I will get some pictures soon. My problem wasn't just the dealer, although that was most of it. I just could never get the belt noise or the handling problems fixed. The service manager said the Vegas was made for "just one up riding". The belt chirped all the time. With or without a passenger. The rear end drifted on me. I have been riding for over 40 years. I know when a bike is not handling properly. I rode a friends KP and it rode fine, although I could hear a slight belt chirp on his too.
Bad deal - wish you the best! Keep posting - especilly px's of your new VTX. Which model did you get???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ddawg said:
rocketman37 said:
Andy,
Bad deal - wish you the best! Keep posting - especilly px's of your new VTX. Which model did you get???
I got a new 2007 VTX 1800F. It is very fast! Now I need to start all over getting it the way I want it.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Hey Rocketman, I am sorry to hear about it, your bike was sweet, I liked the setup. No matter how good a manufacturer is, there are lemons in every bunch. I remember the old joke in the car industry warning you to only buy cars that were built on Wednesday. Maybe yours was a Monday or Friday bike. But next time you want to ride drop me a line and I will come down there. I usually go to a place on US-1 on the intercoastle when I head to Satellite Beach area...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Hey, I just caught something... Your dealer said the Vegas is not meant for two up riding??? Has he ever road two up on a C50 with half the weight? I never had any problems...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

dsjr70 said:
Hey Rocketman, I am sorry to hear about it, your bike was sweet, I liked the setup. No matter how good a manufacturer is, there are lemons in every bunch. I remember the old joke in the car industry warning you to only buy cars that were built on Wednesday. Maybe yours was a Monday or Friday bike. But next time you want to ride drop me a line and I will come down there. I usually go to a place on US-1 on the intercoastle when I head to Satellite Beach area...
I will certainly do that. The next time you go to the Keys, count me in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck with the VTX. I wouldn't part with my Vegas.Liquid dish soap on the sides of the belt like once a month got rid of belt noise for me. 3 weeks for a bushing does sound kinda tardish.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Here is the first picture of the VTX 1800F. The power and smooth ride are incredible. Seat, sissy barand windshield are ordered. Duel front brakes. It is a linked brake system. Digital speedo and tach that you can see in the day time!

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
Nice bike, the VTX is a very well built motorcycle with a ton of power.

And we wonder why Florida does not have a market. Sounds like the dealers really suck. With a service department like that I would have sold it too.

Days later I am still shaking my head. " The Vegas is not built for 2-up riding " OMG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.