VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got stopped last night on the way home again on the bike, that is 4 or 5-times in the last 12 months. Still not one ticket, I think I am starting to run out of luck and police with a sense of humor.

Last night he asked why I was going so fast (75 in a 55),

Me: Only trying to keep up with traffic

Policeman: There is no else on the road near you.

Me: See I told you they were going so fast I could not keep up but I was trying.

Policeman: Laughed and told me to slow down.

Me: Thank you sir.

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
Policeman: you slowed down for the speed cameras then sped back up again
Me: I didn't want to get a ticket
Policeman: laughed, don't let me catch you going 95 in a 55 again
Me: No sir, you won't
Policeman: have a nice day
Me: thank you officer

·
Registered
361 Posts
You won't get many speeding tickets in SD, just go through a town that has the radar sign. It has a heck of a time getting a track on you and really won't start flashing the real speed until you are almost on top of it. Then if you have a truck or car behind you it locks on them. I have LEO friends and they really don't even bother with bikes unless there side by side, then you get a ticket for speeding and riding side by side (illegal in SD).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got stopped last night on the way home again on the bike, that is 4 or 5-times in the last 12 months. Still not one ticket, I think I am starting to run out of luck and police with a sense of humor.

Last night he asked why I was going so fast (75 in a 55),

Me: Only trying to keep up with traffic

Policeman: There is no else on the road near you.

Me: See I told you they were going so fast I could not keep up but I was trying.

Policeman: Laughed and told me to slow down.

Me: Thank you sir.
Karma always finds you

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
You won't get many speeding tickets in SD, just go through a town that has the radar sign. It has a heck of a time getting a track on you and really won't start flashing the real speed until you are almost on top of it. Then if you have a truck or car behind you it locks on them. I have LEO friends and they really don't even bother with bikes unless there side by side, then you get a ticket for speeding and riding side by side (illegal in SD).
In SD, you had better slow down and behave yourself around Mitchell; giving tickets to bikers going to and coming from Sturgis appears to be their sole income.

Reactions: primethious

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
I have personalized plates...3 times pulled over for speeding, each on truck and CC...first thing all officers asked..."I know that's a personalized plate BUT what does it mean?". I tell them 22 years ago it answered their first question.."Have you been drinking, usually was, it was my answer" = truck LD 81295...bike 81295.:icon_thumleft:
YOU figure it out. They all congratulated me and said slow down.:clap:

NOW, here MIGHT be a problem on VEGAS, motor by KEVINX, plate says "CYAAA"...update to follow:angel4:

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
In the Netherlands were i used to live there is 1 perfect road that you can only go 80 kmph , and about 10 cameras , but only 2 cameras are for tbe FRONT, so i had a 1100 Kawasaki and have toped maybe 240 to 260 kmph for the front camera .... There are no licence plates up front .... Hi hi ...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used this one last year and did not get a ticket:

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?

Me: Not fast enough since you caught me.

Officer: Dumb look, then laughed.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I was young and a bit drunk, going home on my bicicle swerling a bit, the police stopped me and says, please get off your bike and walk, on that moment i remembered a old joke and said to the officer: i tried but the light didnt work by walking also ....

I got a 25 guilden ticket .... Hahahahaha

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Years ago I was driving home after closing a bar.
I was 2 blocks from home and got pulled over. I knew it was a one eye ride.
Officer : “wow your all over the road ! Why in the hell are you driving ?”
Me : “ I was too drunk to walk ! “

He followed me home. Yep it was the 80’s.
They had a sense of humor back then

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Another time I come around a corner on a long back road. I was doing 60 in a 45.
There were 3 cars all 3 officers 2 males and a gorgeous figured female pointing at me to pull into this designated area.
She comes walking over ( smoking hot ) and says :
“Can you tell me why you were going so fast ! “

Me : I had to speed up to get a better look at you!”
She chuckled and loved it. Said that was the best one of the day
Oh yeah just a warning.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Another time I was on US1 heading south. A good 5 mile spirited ride on the Vic. Out of no where a police car behind me close. I back it down to the limit but he stays there. Paying attention to my mirrors I didn’t see it coming. A Fukin bird smacks my windshield and dies there. Stuck to my pointy windshield bolts from Rusty I reach forward and grab the bird and fling it.

Next I see the lights going on the cop car. So bright I couldn’t see him approaching me and as he walked up I asked officer why did you pull me over I slowed down.
He said :....... wait for it ................... not yet .........
Oh it’s gonna be good. !

Officer : for flipping me the bird !

Yadayada....... he’s here all day folks.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I have personalized plates...3 times pulled over for speeding, each on truck and CC...first thing all officers asked..."I know that's a personalized plate BUT what does it mean?". I tell them 22 years ago it answered their first question.."Have you been drinking, usually was, it was my answer" = truck LD 81295...bike 81295.:icon_thumleft:
YOU figure it out. They all congratulated me and said slow down.:clap:

NOW, here MIGHT be a problem on VEGAS, motor by KEVINX, plate says "CYAAA"...update to follow:angel4:
I know. And congratulations. I like that idea and might do that for my lovely bride. 52206

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
In the Netherlands were i used to live there is 1 perfect road that you can only go 80 kmph , and about 10 cameras , but only 2 cameras are for tbe FRONT, so i had a 1100 Kawasaki and have toped maybe 240 to 260 kmph for the front camera .... There are no licence plates up front .... Hi hi ...
Great designer...

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
95-105mph hitting some nice curves in Mt. Hood National Forest, slowed down to 76 for a 35mph curve, didn't see the 45mph speed limit sign. Pulled over by a forest ranger, $225 ticket for 74 in a 45, federal citation. "Do you know how many bikers die on this road?" Of course, I had no clue and he told me but I've forgotten. I have to say, if I go, I want to go doing something I enjoy. First and only time EVER pulled over on a bike, not the first time I should have.

Last summer, 46 states, 19,775 miles, 3.5 months... no friggin tickets, but I was enjoying myself and kept more or less to the speed limit +10.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
As I get up in age I try so hard to be good with my speed. People pass me all the time while I’m driving. I keep a good distance from those in front and always aware of my surroundings.

But ....... when I get on the bike ?
That’s when the switch gets turned on. I ride more aggressive. I love to pull ahead and keep to my self.
Go into turns at speed with out slowing down at times. Love a good little drag race.
Clark Kent / Superman syndrome I guess.

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
455 Posts
Speed tickets on a motorcycle are often unjust and unfair because a simple small twist of the throttle or a gear shift and get can be over the limit. Never mind everything else, like getting around someone who is on a cell phone or staring at us instead of watching the road. Our police in our state generally do not pull over motorcycles. Unless someone is really being reckless on a Rocket.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.