VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I went ahead and did it. Found a gorgeous bike that has a paint job I've never seen.. blue and black w/ a red pinstripe. blacked out motor and a ton of goodies the guy had put on or still hadn't. Now starts the process of changing it to fit me better. :)

To that point, the one thing I really want is the mini-apes that Vic had on the Hardballs... Ive seen a lot of other apes, but after having set behind a set I think the ones I REALLY want are the vic ones.. looking for a good place to purchase. I want the blacked out bars too..the engine and everything else on the bike is blacked out.

And before anyone complains about no pics.. the wife took some but I forgot to get them sent to ME, so I'll get some pics posted as soon as I can. :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Not sure the Hardball bars will work with the XC. I don't think they have the bends to go back and around the fairing. Not 100% sure but they don't look like they are the same as XC bars.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yep, I went ahead and did it. Found a gorgeous bike that has a paint job I've never seen.. blue and black w/ a red pinstripe. blacked out motor and a ton of goodies the guy had put on or still hadn't. Now starts the process of changing it to fit me better. :)

To that point, the one thing I really want is the mini-apes that Vic had on the Hardballs... Ive seen a lot of other apes, but after having set behind a set I think the ones I REALLY want are the vic ones.. looking for a good place to purchase. I want the blacked out bars too..the engine and everything else on the bike is blacked out.

And before anyone complains about no pics.. the wife took some but I forgot to get them sent to ME, so I'll get some pics posted as soon as I can. :)
Congrats on the bike. Just a suggestion on bars and I have these:
VICTORY CROSS COUNTRY 1-1/2 PHATT APE HANGERS CUSTOM HAND, Harley Custom Handlebars- Custom ape hangers

2"up and 2"back. Used stock cabling. These are the extra fat/phat bars.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are nice looking bars guys, thanks for the part #'s etc. I may have misspoken when I said the Hardball bars, I know I sat on a 2016 XC in Reading at the dealership that had mini-apes on it, and they are exactly what I'm looking for.. not as into the really tall bars, nor the ones with really severe swoops and angles to the handlegrips etc. Guess I'll 'have' to take mine for a ride and go back to that dealership and ask them where/what those bars were and where they came from.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle
Here is my bike with mitered mini apes

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Can't help with the bars but congrats on the bike. And have fun making it you own. Sounds like it a nice looking bike,,,but

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know, I know.. I need some pics. Today was the first time I've had it out since I bought it cuz of rain/work/wife etc. :) See if I can snap a pic later and post it.

I think bujee's bars are what I'm looking for, not sure. I'm gonna want to lean them back towards me more I think.. but that's the beauty of those bars.. lots more adjustment to them. The bars that are on it make it feel like I'm steering with a tiller.

·
Registered
820 Posts

Omg I have that same bike. Jk congrats on the ride post when you can and welcome to our lil xc fraternity

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, you are not alone. ;) However, if it makes you feel any better, I've never seen one in person other than my own... so we're rare anyway. I've had the standard Vic mini apes on there since I bought it, they work very well. The cables are a bit of a stretch, particularly the electrical ones, but they will work. I had the mitered ones on a different Cross Country I used to have and didn't like them... they make you have to reach significantly forward IMO.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a set of Ness modular bars I will let go for $200. The do have a small nick. If interested e mail me and I can send pics.
My arms were just to short. [email protected]

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'll be damned.. that's my bike alright! I'd never even seen a picture of one with that color before. Cool! Thanks for the info on the bars.. still looking to get me a better windscreen too.. the one my buddy gave me works better than the ones the original owner had, but still dumps all the air right in my face. Anyways.. here are the pics if I can get them to upload...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good! When I went in to buy mine, I was actually aiming at one of the red and black Ness editions they had. However, when I saw the blue/black, it was all over. An hour later, I was rolling down the road. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.