VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a die hard Bears fan. The Vikings are in the same division as the Bears, Farve has been kicking our asses the past 50 years, so.......... I would love to see Bret get his ass kicked today (I really respect him because he is a winner) andhave the Saints go to the Super Bowl!!!
Now the other game should be interesting also. The Jets......... The quarterback is below average at best, The team has a tude about them that is like the onethe Super BowlJets had.Both games should be good!!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
The Jets remind me of the Giants from 85or 86. They just know they are going to win. The only difference is they had talent. I would love to see the Jets go all the way partly because I am from there but mostly because I like the underdog... Go Jets

·
Registered
102 Posts
The beauty of seeing the Jets win today would be the irony of resting starters, and had Indy left their starters in the whole game, the Jets most likely would have been knocked out of the wild card. Being a die hard Pats fan I really hate both teams. however, I tend to hate the Colts a little more. GO JETS!

Now regarding the Saints, no other city deserves it more. Farve has had an amazing career and I agree he is a winner. It's just that it's New Orleans year.

Regardless it's going to be a great Sunday of football.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Huge Jets fan here so no doubt about who I would like to see win that one. Bubba I really think you are going to be shocked in a year or so with Sanchez's abilities, the pro's are a huge step up from college and it takes time to learn the game at that level. In fact just look back at Peyton's start to his pro career it was less than inspiring imo.

In the other game I am all in for the Saints, I just like to see different teams get their shot at the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Clubford00 said:
Im a die hard Bears fan also and i also have respect for Favre but theres just something about rooting for him to win goes against my grain!
Gotta love the Chicago guys.... Go Sanchez!! Something about him I just like....

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

I really really like the Saints and will root for them if they get to the Super Bowl, but I am definately rooting for the Vikings today for one reason: Brett Favre.
I respect the hell out of him and it pisses me off when I hear all these no talent wanna-be's giving the world their opinion on when the man should retire (like anyone knows a damn thing about this guy's heart and talent). He has earned the right to do any-damn-thing he wants.....and because of this I want to see him win to prove to the world that a 40 year old future HOFer can still compete at the highest level.
........that, and I really like it when Packer fans are miserable (which they will be if Brett goes to the Super Bowl). Tormenting Packer fans never gets old.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I'm with you phoenix, Go Brett and the Vikings!!!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
phoenix9 said:
I really really like the Saints and will root for them if they get to the Super Bowl, but I am definately rooting for the Vikings today for one reason: Brett Favre.
I respect the hell out of him and it pisses me off when I hear all these no talent wanna-be's giving the world their opinion on when the man should retire (like anyone knows a damn thing about this guy's heart and talent). He has earned the right to do any-damn-thing he wants.....and because of this I want to see him win to prove to the world that a 40 year old future HOFer can still compete at the highest level.
........that, and I really like it when Packer fans are miserable (which they will be if Brett goes to the Super Bowl). Tormenting Packer fans never gets old.
OH MAN AM I PISSED AT YOU.... What the F did you do to the Cardinals??? I know you must have had money on the other team and spiked Warner's gatorade... But how could you do such a thing??? One of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and you performed some voodoo on him...lol

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Sorry Don, you're gonna have to go looking to some vodoo witch in Lu-zee-ana for that one.....youcan never trust those witch doctors down on the Bayou. :)
I am a huge Cardinals fan and Warner fan as well (he's one of the top QBs of all time). I don't think there was any saving those Cardinals last week.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I like Farve hate the Vikings(yes I'm a cheesehead).

Anyhow, disappointed by the Jets, I wanted the underdog and I have a dislike of Manning.

Oh well 19 seconds left and this game is a nailbiter.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Being in the right place at the right time is the story behind NO this season, and taking advantage of others mistakes. I think they are in trouble with Manning though.
We shall see.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Easy to pick a team after the game is over! LOL Good luck 'aints, you're going to need it against Peyton!! The Vikes "handed" the game to the 'aints. The Vikings didn't deserve to win with their turnovers. Got to admire Brett forhis gutty play even though he threw a key interception. Kind of like his last playoff game. Anyway thanks for a great year Brett. Now just retire for good!!! Please

·
Registered
79 Posts

I'm a die-hard Bears fan too and just couldn't bring myself to root for the Vikings either. I wanted NO to win so new blood could get to the Super Bowl and I hope they have a good showing there against Peyton and company. It should be a good Super Bowl.
I'm a Packer-Hater from way back but I have to say Brett Favre is an amazing quarterback. He is a team player by inspiring his teammates and by encouraging the younger players that they have what it takes to be good football players. He saw their strengths and used them. He also took a beating in today's game and hung in there. He didn't give up. That says alot about his character IMHO.
Now I'm waiting for spring training after the Super Bowl and will anxiously await for my Chicago Cubs to begin their season.
Tracy

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cubs...... Oh no! Do Cubs fans know anything about baseball??? The Chicago Soxs ARE the team on Chi Town. Fans actually watch the game and understand it!!! It's not a social event like the north siders!!! Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.