VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, on the CR any of you guys know what the flesh colored, circular rubber piece right below the neck is for? Its about a half inch in diameter and has long rubber stem that inserts right under the neck where the forks meet the head set. Looks like it should be for some accessory, but the strange stemon it makes me think no. Any clue?It ugly as hell!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

VictoryRob said:
I've had my bike since November and I recently "noticed" that and thought some chrome piece fell off. I think it's for wiring to go into (maybe for the XCountry) for a powered accessory.
My thinking too. Ive now spent way too much time looking at exploded views of both the XC and the XR....still nothing. The hole is shown in several diagrams but nothing is ever shown using the hole. I cant believe something so stupid has meso stressed.....I think my cross roads is giving me OCD.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's pretty funny. On thevmc forum, I actually took a photo of that plug and emailed it to one of the guys I regularly chat with. He said he had that, too. I had never noticed it before. Now I'm obsessing over a vibration/buzz in my handlebar. I'm hoping my dealer can figure it out. Any buzzing/vibration for you?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

VictoryRob said:
That's pretty funny. On thevmc forum, I actually took a photo of that plug and emailed it to one of the guys I regularly chat with. He said he had that, too. I had never noticed it before. Now I'm obsessing over a vibration/buzz in my handlebar. I'm hoping my dealer can figure it out. Any buzzing/vibration for you?
No, no strange noises yet. I've got about 2200 miles on the bike and everything is good exept that damn rubber plug.
It wouldnt drive me as nuts, if at least the diagrams Ive been reading mentioned it, but they dont! Thatplug is messing me...kinda taunting me every time I get on the bike. I could just pull it out and replace it with a chrome cap or something, but that would be letting the plug win. I wont roll over and let it thinkthat ithas the upper hand!
Oh yeah sorry, no noise in the handlebars. That'd drive me nuts too.

·
Registered
35 Posts

twstdcain said:
Hey, on the CR any of you guys know what the flesh colored, circular rubber piece right below the neck is for? Its about a half inch in diameter and has long rubber stem that inserts right under the neck where the forks meet the head set. Looks like it should be for some accessory, but the strange stemon it makes me think no. Any clue?It ugly as hell!!
I think the hole that the rubber plug is in may have been made into the casting for a keyed fork lock of some sort.Underthe bottom side of thecasting there is two tapped holes thatmighthave been put there for mounting the lock.

·
Registered
399 Posts
twstdcain said:
Hey, on the CR any of you guys know what the flesh colored, circular rubber piece right below the neck is for? Its about a half inch in diameter and has long rubber stem that inserts right under the neck
As I was reading this I was sure it was going to be censored.....

I may need therapy....(And an Ice Cold Beer or 4)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sl_narz said:
I think the hole that the rubber plug is in may have been made into the casting for a keyed fork lock of some sort.Underthe bottom side of thecasting there is two tapped holes thatmighthave been put there for mounting the lock.
Ahh, thats a good point. But then makes me wonder why Victory wouldnt move forward with construction of a fork lock. Id sure like to have a method of securing the bike other then using the caliper clamp. Good Idea!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PrometheusVII said:
twstdcain said:
Hey, on the CR any of you guys know what the flesh colored, circular rubber piece right below the neck is for? Its about a half inch in diameter and has long rubber stem that inserts right under the neck
As I was reading this I was sure it was going to be censored.....

I may need therapy....(And an Ice Cold Beer or 4)
HAHA. I actually had to rewrite that sentence about four time because now matter how I phrased it, dirtyness came to mind.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

So just an up date on the friggin rubber plug. Not that anybody cares about something so stupid, but I noticed that a quarter fits right in the hole and looks very simular in color to the finish of the headset. So, I cut about .01 of an inch off the rubber plug and super gluedone of those state quarters on the plug. The quarter sits flush with the headset and no more ugly plug.
Now I have acustom piece on the bike devoted to the Battle Born State of Nevada andas a plus I have a quarter with me if Im ever short on cash....though it doesnt even buy a phone callanymore.
Now to focus my OCD on trying to make a quick release for the windshield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.