VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, praise the Lord and answer to my prayers has come, and as they usually do it's come BIG. I'm leaving state service and going back into the private industry. I will be an IBMer. This new opportunity will provide more, more challenges, and even more opportunity. It also comes with a bigger paycheck. About 50% bigger...
That being said I want to run out and buy a Vision. But I cannot... I have 1 bill left to payoff and then a house to buy. Then I might buy the Vision, so maybe late spring, or early summer. It's still fun to look though, they are awesome creations.
I went by arlen ness and they say they are going to have 8-balls will the radio and stuff added onto them (arlen ness custom creations) with the goal of being a cross between the 8-ball and the Tour, and keeping the cost down. If they are able to do that, I'll probably buy and 8-ball and add what I want and paint the flat black pieces glossy black. Really I like the black paint (glossy) and I love the wheels on the 8-ball. Or I might buy one of those silver and black ones, they look good too.
So I'm still dreaming, but I'm getting closer everyday.
God has been good to me, and seems to be good all the time. So this is part testimony and part dreaming, just had to let someone know that the God has been good to me.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Hard to beleive but GOD is good to everyone just not always easy to see it
I would do exactly that,,, pick up a modified 8 ball,from Mr. Ness get some groovy paint while your in dream mode

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Arlen Ness is God ?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
advntrus said:
By leaving now and taking a job with IBM, you've found yourselfsafely in the"Ark".........................beforeit starts torain!
Shawn
A friend of mine used to work for IBM...they used her up, burned her candles at both ends and said good bye. It may seembetter than public sector but there also may be a limit also.
Time will tell huh?
I am steering clear of the religion issue, to each his own.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
stilcrazee said:
Yep, the one topic I won't get into online....
Why? Do you hate God too?
Shawn
Nope people just have too many interpretations and miss the greater point... and before you say it, yes Libertarians believe in God, God is the cornerstone of our Country.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
stilcrazee said:
Shawn
Don is spot on about my response. He and I have had discusions. Religion split my family. Mymother and step brother and made me the pawn in between them. It also split my daughter in law's mother and father and my old business neighbor and his wife.
It's all in the interpretation, yours maybe different than mine, I respect your thoughts and if you don't respect mine don't try to convince me that your interpretation is right.I guess we will find out"The Truth"when our time here ends.
JMO

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
stilcrazee said:
Shawn
Nope people just have too many interpretations and miss the greater point... and before you say it, yes Libertarians believe in God, God is the cornerstone of our Country.
So now you're a Jesus lover!
Make up your mind!
Shawn
Stop baiting and read my brother... You are not roping me into this one online... But if you are here for Bike Week I would gladly discuss it with you over a beer... I will leave you with this, I do believe in God and our Country was founded on that core belief. I pledge my allegiance to both and fought for both. Beliefs have been twisted many ways to support someones (or groups) personal agenda... I did see an interesting bumper sticker the other day, "God is to big for one Religion" Something to think about

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
advntrus said:
I was only trying get Don to share with us what God says to him during his Mary-jane induced fog.
Shawn
Oh if that was your question you should have just asked!!!
God made marijuana, man made beer... Who would you trust?

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
"All men are created equal" actually meant all white men who own property are created equal.

"In God we Trust" wasn't on our money until 1954.
It was a political ploy done to differentiate us from the "Godless USSR".

I am fiscally conservative and socially moderate.
I am also a student of American History, so I enjoy shooting down fictitious beliefs that the USA was founded on Christianity.
Show me just one instance of Jesus being named in the Constitution, Bill of Rights, or Declaration of Independence and the only reference to God was in the same generalized manner as the Mason's do, not as the "Christian God".
Do just the tiniest bit of research and you will find that many of the most important founding fathers were Deists. (Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, etc.)

The Mason's played a more important role in our founding than any religion.
Masonic symbols have been on our money much longer than "In God We Trust".

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I'm just going to Congratulate Squirt on the new job!

My first "real" job out of college was with a large American tech company. It was quite a learning experience.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I'm sorry, I neglected to wish Squirt all the best too. It's always good to see people advance in work situations.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I get into that argument with all the educated people that seem to forget the Country was founded under religious tolerance, not the absence of religion.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.