VOG Forum banner
21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
My dealer says the same thing. Told me they sell a lot of Vic's. But when I go in there all I see is the same stock.....
The dealer used to be Victory with a big beautiful building. There was no way they sold enough bikes to pay wages and rent. Now they are in a small building under a multi dealer logo. What do you think happend there?

There lack luster sales has nothing to do with heritage. It has to do with lack of refinement. Poor quality paint and chrome issues. Clunky transmisions, gauges that are not accurate, squeaky belt issues, Stalling bikes, don't blip a Vic.......,ect,ect...And there undesire to support and grow the brand. It's a high priced bike with very poor support.
I am still waiting for parts since August.
It's a lot easier to rest your morals on an icon like Indian. So that's there direction.

Unfortunate, because with a little effort sales would go through the roof.
I would like to see some assess get handed a pink slip.....
Could not agree with you more. There are a lot of people that like the bikes, a little effort would do some good. Some asses do need a pink slip, there are a lot of people who would be more than happy to have a Victory bike instead of a Harley or Indian!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Geez dudes, this is making wonder if I need to reconsider buying a CCT. I don't fit on an Indian, and they are much more expensive.
Get the CCT, it is a great bike. The CCT has just as much. Okay, so it doesn't have the power windshield, saddlebag lock deal and keyless start. Big deal. How many people own cars that have less "bling" but keep and love them forever. The bike performs has power, handles and is comfortable. In the end, do what is best. Either way, enjoy your ride my fellow rider.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does it matter if Polaris sells more Victorys? I personally like my Victory, and I especially like it that you don’t see that many on the road. If you run into another person who is riding a Victory, you are most likely going to start up a conversation with that individual. In my opinion, if you see another Victory on the road you share a little comradery with that individual since there are not that many Victorys. I’ll bet that if you are driving down the road and you pass another victory going the same direction, you will most likely give them the thumbs up, or a “V” wave. I’ll even bet that after you pass them and wave you will most likely have a smile on your face.

Harleys are a dime a dozen and they are less likely to have the same comradery as Victory riders may share. If they pass another Harley rider on the highway, I am sure they will wave, but I doubt they will have that same smile.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Does it matter if Polaris sells more Victorys? I personally like my Victory, and I especially like it that you don't see that many on the road. If you run into another person who is riding a Victory, you are most likely going to start up a conversation with that individual. In my opinion, if you see another Victory on the road you share a little comradery with that individual since there are not that many Victorys. I'll bet that if you are driving down the road and you pass another victory going the same direction, you will most likely give them the thumbs up, or a "V" wave. I'll even bet that after you pass them and wave you will most likely have a smile on your face.

Harleys are a dime a dozen and they are less likely to have the same comradery as Victory riders may share. If they pass another Harley rider on the highway, I am sure they will wave, but I doubt they will have that same smile.
Agreed! Who gives a big flying flip how many bikes Vic sells? I love mine, and that's what matters to me.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Mark4Jesus don't panic interent forums are full of negativity because the people that don't have a complaint our out enjoying there fine Victory. If you look at who is doing most of the negative posting it's the same few people. Not that they don't have some valid points and there isn't a product out there that couldn't benifit from some improvement. For the most part I think most people are satisfied with they're Victory. There have been threads on here stating that they have the highest customer satisfaction rating so they can't be that bad.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Regular occurrence?
Sadly, yes, for some. Some just aren't happy unless they're complaining and/or finding fault. The sky is NOT falling at Victory Motorcycles. The truth is: Victory will outlast us all and do well for us and for future owners.

Do they need to make a few changes, and are some of the complaints valid? Yes, most assuredly. And they will make changes going forward.

Every single motorcycle forum I've ever been on is very similar. I haven't been on an H-D forum for a while and thanks to the link provided regarding this topic, I can see that nothing's changed their either.

Ride and carry on.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
HD forum is similar to Victory forum. They think the sky is falling over there too. It just goes to show that regardless of what we ride, we're all human and we all bleed red.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/genera...plain-why.html
That link was awesome!! They had the exact same complaints as I see here.... including the classic "oh, not another death of HD thread!"

I wonder if the Indian forum has crap like this? Hmmmmm.....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Geez dudes, this is making wonder if I need to reconsider buying a CCT. I don't fit on an Indian, and they are much more expensive.
Until Indian is up and running the way they want it to be, including dealer show rooms ect. That's where there attention will be. They reserected the icon and now they have to run with it. The last thing they need is people thinking there not very serious about the Indian brand.
Some on here will say 2017 is when there att will be back to Victory.

As for buying a CCT is concerned, yes there are issues that should have been addressed by now.
Do I regret buying my bike, no.

The CCT is amazing to spend time on. It can run all day flower sniffing or fill your needs to drag the boards and blow away the speed limit through your favorite twisty road. The handling of the bike is truly amazing for its size and weight.
Both the Vision and the Cross Country are head and shoulders above anything from Japan.
You can't understand how good they are until you get real aggressive, then you see how well the suspension and rigid frame work together.

Yes there is some nagging issues that may or may not bother you.

But there is a lot to like also.
For me and the way I ride and what I need from a bike, as in storage and weather protection......there is nothing out there to replace it....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Harley has sold unrefined crap for years based solely in heritage and name. They may have evolved some, but still in all, they sell in spite of them selves.
And I can't understand that. Although there is plenty out there that don't understand how bad the Twin Cam is designed. For me from a technical aspect, I find it hard to believe they continue to sell.
Buy an inferior product based on Heritage makes no sense to me.
I can believe buying a Harley for the look. I like the ElectraGlide very impressive looking bike. Very striking with deep chrome and paint. And that Harley sound, I could ride around all day flower sniffing listening to that amazing music from the pipes.

Looking at it from a different angle .. look how many people on this forum bought into Victory based on past experience with Harley.

Now look at it this way
XCT and Electra Glide Ultra side buy side buy a customer with no technical experience......
Paint Harley wins
Chrome Harley wins
Fit and finish Harley wins
Little touches like chrome fins on the motor
Other touches of chrome in the right places
An amazing seat
Really nice looking gauges
The Harley just Looks like there was a lot more attention to detail.
It even looks expensive.
Does it make me want to ride fast and hard,,,,,,,NO
Do I expect it to handle well, not really
Would I be proud to show it off..... Definatly

Personally, until they update the TwinCam it's not for me.

• Winner
Reactions: JayFL726

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Does it matter if Polaris sells more Victorys? I personally like my Victory, and I especially like it that you don't see that many on the road. If you run into another person who is riding a Victory, you are most likely going to start up a conversation with that individual. In my opinion, if you see another Victory on the road you share a little comradery with that individual since there are not that many Victorys. I'll bet that if you are driving down the road and you pass another victory going the same direction, you will most likely give them the thumbs up, or a "V" wave. I'll even bet that after you pass them and wave you will most likely have a smile on your face.

True
But strong sales gives a good impression of success.
And it's always nice to have others envious of your bike.
It does seem that Victory is starting to make an inpression as I get a wave from Harley riders here.
So not a good time to get sloppy supporting Victory....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Just looking at that link. I didn't read it all but the first post after the OP.....
----------------------------------
Here's a reason:

The only bike I would move up to is an Ultra Limited. Last year I bought a new car $10k less than an UL. Last month I bought a new SUV $5k less than an UL.

Let me add, my wife and I were at a local dealer last month. A hoodie and a top for her. $210 Otd. We left them
-------------------------------------
No sky is falling just actual facts ....... And this fact needs to be looked at by the bean counters.........

How about another .....
--------------------------------------
I would site the aging demographic as the MoCo's largest concern. Plus, the Street 500 & 750 may work overseas, but there's so many better motorcycles in that price range that they will never meet expectations here in the US. I'm not sure the younger group buys into the Harley culture, which make selling them expensive big twins a real challenge.

I really really like this one
---------------------------------
With all their recalls and quality issues Harley is proving the perception that the Japanese motorcyclesare far superior in quality, reliability, performance, and technology at a much lower price. Young people don't care about brand names (we like grew up on Japanese everything) or looking like a biker. It is all about price, technology, performance, and reliability.
--------------------------------

There are idiots on every forum. Then there are people with great facts and truths that need to be addressed. These guys above have valid issues. They bring them up not because the sky is falling but because they want there brand to grow and succeed, not loose market share.
It is unfortunate that there are the types out there that say all is wonderful when it's not.
When I seen Harley come out with the 500 and 750 I was a bit taken back. Could they or would they actually price the bikes (even at a loss) as in lost leaders so they could be used to get new to Harley riders started with the brand. And if they did, could they keep quality high enough to have a low cost of ownership. Something the big bikes fall short on.....
The sky may not be falling. But it's real obvious both companies have idiots holding high positions making really stupid decisions.
For those of us that actually care, and actually care enough to speak up in an effort to make there preferred brand better WE can only hope some of the idiots can read, or maybe one of there subordinates can read these forums to them. Maybe just maybe ( fingers crossed) a little enlightening information will get through and the outcome will be an even better product.....
Here is hoping .............

Reactions: YENRABSRIDE

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
People have complained at length in the past that Victory final clear coat is "soft". I have no idea if the new paint facility has corrected that.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
"Soft" as in it is easy to scratch or scuff, or appearance?
Yes
But I found McGuires wax really took car of the little scratches.
That stuff works good on black.

Reactions: mark4Jesus
21 - 40 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.