Good news, not so good news | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Good news, not so good news

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by triumph900, Oct 22, 2015.

1. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Triumph Bonneville T120
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision
    What I saw in that summary is that Victory is only suffering because there are not enough bikes getting to dealers. That is a high quality problem to have in my mind. Get the production going and their sales will recover is implied in that statement.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Triumph Bonneville T120
    I see plenty of Victory's on dealer floors. I hope things pick up for Victory. Maybe the Octane will start on upward trend.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. robsvision

robsvision Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    i think there well aware that Victorys sit at dealers a long time compared to Indians.
    So I would say they are putting more effort into producing what sells.

5. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Victory is losing potential buyers IMO. My friend wound up going to a new Harley SG. All of the XC offerings this year are only available in a black motor option. Chrome engines and trim are only available now on Magnums and Tours. He didn't pick a Magnum because of the ugly color combinations, lack of installing a passager backrest and one up seating. The tours are either black or 2 tone. Really not a lot of choices in the Victory line. The X1 sold out fast and he would have bought one if Victory offered it again for 2016.

I have spent enough time in the dealers showroom to see how potential buyers loose interest. Lack of choice and inventory. The old days were the best with all the custom paint work and participation from Arlen Ness and sons. We all looked forward to what was coming down the pike next.

I hate to admit it but it looks like Indian is getting the attention. Azzkiker Customs has adopted the brand and now starting to put custom Vintage and Chieftains on dealership floors. They are expensive and absolutely gorgeous. I watched 3 $ 50,000 bikes leave the showroom in one afternoon while attending Biketoberfest this year. Followed by a couple Chieftains and Vintages. Only 1 white denim Xc sold that day. To a mid 20 year old young fella accompanied by his Dad. No excitement in the Vic area. Indian stole the show with Azzkiker help. One guy traded his SG and his Vintage for one. My buddy Paul was trading his 12 CVO SG but couldn't get his deal so he rode his SG home. Again it's all about new and exciting. The Vic Line up is lacking in my opinion. At least for now. Some change is needed for the world's best handeling/ riding touring/ baggers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. dann

dann Active Member

1999 V92C
    slickvic I agree 100% the 2016 lineup is lame. there are plenty of people that still like chromed out bikes (including me) and they have nothing to offer. It's a shame they abandoned those potential customer's.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. catwrench59

catwrench59 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross country tour
    I agree with you on the lack luster line up. There isn't anything to get people's attention. No way would I trade my chromed out attention grabber for a new plain Jane. I'm sure the Indians are nice but they don't appeal to everyone at least not me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mark4Jesus

mark4Jesus Well-Known Member

2013 Can Am Spyder
    My wife and I are going to buy a CCT in December (saving up a down payment). When we walked into the showroom she saw an Indian Chief Vintage and thought it was beautiful. I am 6'2" and it was cramped for me. I sat on the CCT and was very comfortable. The Indian Roadmaster is way out of our price range, so I didn't even sit on it.

I am moving from the Gold Wing world where over-chroming is king. I like some chrome, but not bunches. I have seen chrome accessories for the CCT, but I won't bother. That's what's great about accessories, everyone can customize their bike for their own tastes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Triumph Bonneville T120
    Victory is suffering from the same problem it's always had, its image and its name. Indian had an automatic head start just by being named Indian. Throw in the retro look, the "my dad had an Indian" factor, and if you have a good product, which appears to be the case, you'll sell bikes.
    Victory has tried a number of things, tried to be a number of things, but is held back by the fact that it has no legacy. They tried being an HD alternative, that didn't work. Most people want "heritage" and "name". I think many Victory riders are the type that don't want what everyone else has (HD). That's probably not a successful business model. Now Victory is going to try to reinvent itself to become more performance focused. That appeals to me, and I hope it works for Victory.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Agreed. Victory is taking to that direction. Polaris has Indian to battle the HD market but still just a little more help is needed with the Vic Line up. The X1 was a good step. Sold every one of them. My 11 cc came with chrome cases, forged bars, tour saddle, lock and ride options e very thing but ABS. All for under 17K. Wouldn't trade her for anything. Hell I could get 15k the way she sits now with all that's done to her.

• Like Like x 3
  11. 9999E8USMC

9999E8USMC Member

2013 Victory Cross Country; 2014 Cadillac CTS
    Two of the dealers in my area, one of them is a stand alone dealership are very happy and pleased with the way the Vic's sell for them. If the issue of low availability of bikes for Victory not performing well, something needs to happen. My question is, would the low availability be because of the paint shop problem? Have a great weekend fellow riders. Nine Out!

• Like Like x 1
  12. robsvision

robsvision Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    My dealer says the same thing. Told me they sell a lot of Vic's. But when I go in there all I see is the same stock.....
    The dealer used to be Victory with a big beautiful building. There was no way they sold enough bikes to pay wages and rent. Now they are in a small building under a multi dealer logo. What do you think happend there?

There lack luster sales has nothing to do with heritage. It has to do with lack of refinement. Poor quality paint and chrome issues. Clunky transmisions, gauges that are not accurate, squeaky belt issues, Stalling bikes, don't blip a Vic.......,ect,ect...And there undesire to support and grow the brand. It's a high priced bike with very poor support.
    I am still waiting for parts since August.
    It's a lot easier to rest your morals on an icon like Indian. So that's there direction.

Unfortunate, because with a little effort sales would go through the roof.
    I would like to see some assess get handed a pink slip.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mark4Jesus

mark4Jesus Well-Known Member

2013 Can Am Spyder
    Geez dudes, this is making wonder if I need to reconsider buying a CCT. I don't fit on an Indian, and they are much more expensive.

14. YENRABSRIDE

YENRABSRIDE Well-Known Member

2013 VISION TOUR, 2013 TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE, 2015 YAMAHA FJR1300ES, 2015 KAWASAKI ZX14R, 2016 KTM 1190 ADV, and 2019 TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 1200XC
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Steele11b

Steele11b Active Member

2011 Kingpin
    Oh another the end of victory thread.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1