VOG Forum banner

Good Dealer and worth a visit

653 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  J.Wales 
#1 ·
I recently had a quite pleasant experience with the good folks at CHEROKEE CYCLES on Hwy. 14 in Greer, South Carolina. The owner, Danny, the service manager Mark and the parts wizard Roy are all top notch and men of their word. it was my second time to go there and this was the first time I used the service department. It was an unusual but pleasantly ended visit.

They still PROUDLY have all of the VICTORY signage and lights out front. I will not hesitate to go back there for service or parts again. They will be my first choice.

They appreciate the Vic machines we ride.

THANKS CHEROKEE CYCLES and from me that's a difficult thing to get but they have earned my respect and business.

#2 ·
@J.Wales Thanks for sharing this. It's nice to hear that there are still a few out there. Glad you found them!

#4 ·
Soooooo, I called this same dealership today so I thought I would send them a little of my business if I could. Plus I would save shipping costs and time if they had a set of plug wires for my Vision. Parts manager said the computer showed a set but did I understand how much they cost. I know what the average price on line is about 40 bucks. Some a little over 50 and some 30 bucks.

He then told me the wires there are $70 bucks.........EACH. $140 for a set.

He knew who I was because a couple weeks ago when I went to get a tire put on the owner backed a Slingshot into my Vision and marred the headlight lens, irreparably, so I said that I would find a used one on Ebay and split the cost with them if they installed the headlight bucket. Owner found a new one on the shelf and offered it for $100 so I said great and I'll do the install.

Now all of a sudden it's $140 for a set of plug wires. Really ? As you can see I was a respectful distance back from the signs. The service manager was yelling STOP STOP STOP or he would have taken my front end off. Now it sounds like I'm not welcome there or am I being to sensitive? View attachment 493765

#5 ·
Called the dealer in Waynesville (Maggie Valley) where I bought the Vision. Service manager who was not much there when I bought it told me they can't even order Victory parts from Polaris because they completely washed their hands of Victory when they went Indian. Sounds like we're on our own out here in the wilderness. Phork them I say. I'll let the local Honda dealer change my tires. Same service manager said the Polaris rep lady was in today. I said tell her thanks from a Vic owner/rider. He said that I don't come around much anymore. Why would I ???

#7 ·
It was a Harley dealership originally (Ghost Town HD) and the owner still rides them and gets his serviced there. Now it's Smokey Mountain Steel Horses. About all I've ever let them do was my 500 mile service and change tires that I buy on line. The two good mechanics that worked there have quit. The ONE young mechanic is good but he is overloaded with work on Indians and Harleys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.