Good deal on a Chieftain | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Good deal on a Chieftain

Discussion in 'Indian Chieftain' started by crosscountryla, Dec 17, 2019.

1. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 cross country tour
    We Have 2 New 2018 Chieftains! With Big Marketing Money for a limited Time! Offer ends Dec 31st!
    Phone: (918) 258-4774

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  2. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    hmm, that is good ! my local dealer is putting together good deals to move 19's out the door, i don't even think he's got 18's left. this could be useful info to pass on. fixed fairing for me,,, i'm hooked ! once i went windshield i never went back, same for fairings, fixed from here on out :ride:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    @crosscountryla Very nice! Someone is going to get a pretty sweet deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    I agree with you on the fixed fairing. The 2019 Harley Road Glide, Ultra Limited that I have now is the first fixed fairing bike that I've ever owned and once I rode it the highway home on the interstate highway and had big rig trucks pass me or I passed them, I was sold on the fixed fairing. I have a wind deflector attached to the crash bar right underneath the gas tank and it directs the wind blast straight up and above the very front end of the gas tank. The only way that you can feel the wind is if you put your hand over the very front of the gas tank and then you feel the wind shooting straight up. The fairing on my Road Glide has clear wind deflectors that deflect the wind outward and are attached to the bottom edge on either side of the fairing. When riding my Road Glide you don't feel any wind unless you open the wind flap on either side of the inner fairing and the wind vent in the middle top of the fairing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    i'm well aware of the features of a road glide . i had pen in hand over a 28,000 dollar bill of sale sitting in front of me not long ago with the sales manager across the desk and 2 of his associates standing behind him. you could hear a pin drop as they slowly sensed something wasn't going according to plan. it felt like 5 minutes but it was at least 30 seconds and then it happened, i just dropped the pen and stated i wasn't going to be happy on that bike. i got up, walked out to my white horse and had one of the best 60 mile rides one could hope for,,, the whole experience was freakin awesome !

• Like Like x 2
  6. FlNativeJoe

FlNativeJoe Active Member

2011 Victory Cross Country
    i loved the Road Glide Special test ride, but not enough rear suspension travel .. If ever went to another New Ride, the Challenger would definitely be the #1 Option but pretty happy not being in debt with what I already own ..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    I keep hearing about Harleys and their lack of suspension travel. What options are out there to upgrade and improve that situation?

8. Prestaged

Prestaged Active Member

Triumph Rocket
    Suspension Technologies

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    The Road Glide Special, the Street glide special, Street glide, Electra glide all use the short rear shocks for riders that not tall. Over bumps, the ride is really rough, but on my Road Glide Ultra Limited it has much longer shocks and riding over the exact same bumps is like a night and day difference in the ride. Because there are so many ways to personalize a Harley, you can change it to suit whoever that buys one.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  10. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    Legends, Russ Wernimont Designs, Progressive all made make really good shocks to really improve the ride. Matt Laidlaw installed all of these rear shocks on his Harley Street Glide and his personal favorite was the Russ Wernimont rear shocks. For years Russ Wernimont only made suspension systems for off-road trucks and now makes rear shocks the Harley bikes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    The reason that I switched back to Harley is the Huge aftermarket support that allows you to change just about anything that you want to on a Harley. Not so if you buy a Challenger.

• Informative Informative x 1