VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I finally installed my new Gonzo Stealth pipes on my Vision.

My expectations were:

A. More motorcycle sound. Stock, the bike sounds like a Craftsman Air Compressor.

B. Reasonably quiet (to the pilot) at highway speeds but still want to hear the motor.

That's about it.

Now hear this.....

The stealth pipes ARE A WINNER!

The bike sounds FANTASTIC. She has a Saturday night rumble with a rasp, but cruising down the road you can just hear the rumble of the motor. Changes in the throttle cause an immediate, throaty roar, especially when going off throttle. The sound level is absolutely perfect. It won't wake the neighbors and I can still hear the iPod at 70 mph while the motor is humming away underneath.

The surprising part is when you hammer the throttle the sound gets out there. A pretty stiff sound but controllable with the throttle. Love it.

I tip my hat to Mike at Gonzo. Great design and you delivered as promised!

And that ain't all..........

My bike is box stock (except for the Stealth Pipes). The great sound also included some bonous, unexpected plusses........

The throttle response is much, much quicker. Almost like the difference between a 1/4 turn and standard throttle.

I did a 100 mile test run on a country loop that I ride often. The lie-o-meter (bikes mpg meter) increased 4 mpg. I'm serious. I will have to track this some more.

The install wasn't too bad. I purchased a strap wrench from Harbor Freight. The wrench made spinning the pipes pretty easy. The worst part, by far, was removing and then reinstalling the plastic cover below the saddlebags. I got them on and off, but it's a real b**ch. Anyone know a shortcut?

I forgot to mention that I also installed some custom tips from Mike. Pretty snazzy.

Wifey's comments: "It's not loud at all but I can hear you coming down the road." "Those mufflers are pretty."

So everyone here is happy. End of story.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Hood Bumper Bag

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Looks sharp!

When I put mine on I didn't fully remove the lower trim. I loosened enough to get the job done and had the trim wrapped in a towel so I didn't scratch it.

• Haha
Reactions: Gavans

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOOT WOOT!!!! So glad you like our Stealth Gonzos!!! We always like to see feedback from out customers. The write up you did is fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to write it all down for all of the Victory owners out there.

Now get out and ride!!! :)

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@Pops Great choice. I got Stealths too on recommendation from Kevinx, and they have exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
WOOT WOOT!!!! So glad you like our Stealth Gonzos!!! We always like to see feedback from out customers. The write up you did is fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to write it all down for all of the Victory owners out there.

Now get out and ride!!! :)
Hey, can't find where to buy these.
Where are you.
Only see Facebook!
Thanks!

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
My understanding is Gonzo is only on FB. But you still should be able to contact them and do business...even if you are not logged into the book of faces.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.