VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a friends 2014 CCT but really don't need the Tour Pack/Trunk and not crazy about the lowers. Any idea what I could get for them on the Markeplace? Sonic Blue and Silver color scheme. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Complete tour packs I see generally go for between 1400-1600 depending on condition. Lowers? Do they include the bars? Maybe $500ish?

...and Welcome to the VOG.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The lowers really reduce or eliminate wind buffeting. I would suggest riding it awhile first to see how you like it.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
They are wonderful in the rain and cold weather.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
You will loose a fair amount of value selling those items that came with that bike. It’s titled as a tour.
Just hang them up in the garage. When you get to touring you may want them later. Just a thought otherwise they’re worth over $2k to $2500 IMO.

·
Registered
266 Posts
keep everything. you will regret it if you don't. Like slickvic said. hang them up, and when and if you sell or trade the bike in
you will get a better price

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I agree with what others have said. The only exception I would see is if you have decided you are NEVER going to take a girl on a overnighter or are never going to sell the bike. I have an XC and a XCT. The XC has forged bars (the worst setup for wind control) and the XCT lowers provide the best wind control. I’m on one bike or the other every two to three days. The lowers are nice in the winter to keep my legs and feet warm when it dips down to the 40s. Otherwise, I will ride either bike based on my mood or which one has the most gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.