VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from 10 great days in Knoxville(Tenn.) to visit family, where the wife and I rode my brother-in-law's '92 Softail and '08 Roadking. We had a couple of beautiful rides with them in the Smokie Mountains. Although the Softail has only 13K miles, and the Roadking is a $32K beauty, both my wife and I are happy to be back home to climb on my '09,3 mo. old(to me) VVTP.
Superior bike, in so many ways, but I'll always climb on another's different bike just to see how they ride. We've put 5,200 mi. on this beauty, and there's no looking back; in fact, just after getting home I took an evening ride for an hour and a half - grinning the whole time!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I will never pass up an opportunity to ride other bikes from other manufacturers. I can have a ton of fun on a 750-805, hop over to a GSX, a nice Harley.........there all good.....as long as I can come back to my Victory at the end of the day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
alot of my buddys ride harleys and they always try to talk me into riding there bikes so they can try out mine, after riding the street glide, and a road glide, it really made me realize how much i really appreciate my vision!

·
Registered
156 Posts

At least you got to ride some GOOD twisities while you were here!!! Next time ride YOUR Vision and then REALLY enjoy our roads!!
Plus give us (Vistory Dragon Riders Club) a shout and we'll show you some other roads too!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello there. I just joined the VOG thanks to a friend that just bought a Jack Pot Cory Ness here in Spain. At the present time I am thinking in changing my BMW and my 3 options are
New BMW 1600 LT
HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited
And the Victory Vision.
I do not have a lot of info about the Vision. It is too new here in Spain. Could you tell me how does it really go? It is as comfortable as a BMW in long rides?, Is it relativelly easy to ride in secondary mountain roads?.
Prizes here are >30000€ for the LT , 31000€ for the HD and 25000€ for the Vision
Thanks for your comments
Argos66

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
argos66 said:
Hello there. I just joined the VOG thanks to a friend that just bought a Jack Pot Cory Ness here in Spain. At the present time I am thinking in changing my BMW and my 3 options are
New BMW 1600 LT
And the Victory Vision.
I do not have a lot of info about the Vision. It is too new here in Spain. Could you tell me how does it really go? It is as comfortable as a BMW in long rides?, Is it relativelly easy to ride in secondary mountain roads?.
Prizes here are >30000€ for the LT , 31000€ for the HD and 25000€ for the Vision
Thanks for your comments
Argos66
I have ridden all 3, each has it's pluses and minuses.
The Vision has better handling than the HD, but the LT will be better on the Autobahn.
the Vision is much faster than the HD, but I think the fit and finish of the HD is better.
the Vision is very comfortable and the protection from rain is very good. But I find it very hot to ride

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joeschmoe said:
At least you got to ride some GOOD twisities while you were here!!! Next time ride YOUR Vision and then REALLY enjoy our roads!!
Plus give us (Vistory Dragon Riders Club) a shout and we'll show you some other roads too!!
Don't think I'd want to ride the Dragon on that Softail; too bad Knoxville is 1,600 miles from home in Salt Lake.....

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
argos66 said:
New BMW 1600 LT
And the Victory Vision.
Thanks for your comments
Argos66
Hello and welcome... buy the Vision and then remove the trunk you will turn the Vision into a sport bike (sort of) but the handling greatly improves and the Joy factor will hit the roof...Go Vision....No regrets with Victory

·
Registered
425 Posts
Suggest that you use thesearch option onthis site. There are some EXCELLENT write ups on the Vision (and other Victory bikes) both pro's and con's. I ride a Vision and bought mine after riding the HD's, Goldwings andYamaha Royal Stars. I'm not "looking back" and strongly believe that I bought the best that was available. I'm very happy with my purchase and ride it as much as possible....

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have ridden all 3, each has it's pluses and minuses.
The Vision has better handling than the HD, but the LT will be better on the Autobahn.
the Vision is much faster than the HD, but I think the fit and finish of the HD is better.
the Vision is very comfortable and the protection from rain is very good. But I find it very hot to ride
you have to add the lower wind deflectors. the you can directionalize the airflow. that will cool ya down.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
New BMW 1600 LT
And the Victory Vision.
Thanks for your comments
Argos66
the vision is big fast and comfortable. nimble too for a large bike. the question is . how are you for dealerships/customer support in your area? that service after the sale is very important too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
New BMW 1600 LT
And the Victory Vision.
Thanks for your comments
Argos66
Go with the LT.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
LOL. Wonder what he bought? Better yet .... Wonder if he still rides ?

·
Registered
390 Posts
New BMW 1600 LT
And the Victory Vision.
Thanks for your comments
Argos66
I put 42k miles on my '09 BMW LT before trading it in on my '14 Vision. The Vision is a much better handling bike. Beemer is top heavy and doesn't corner as easily as the Vision. Vision's low COG corners effortlessly and the seated position is much more comfortable. Vision's floor boards have a range of positions compared to Beemers foot pegs. BMW is quicker no doubt, but once you get into "cruiser" mode you'll never want to go back. Vision is a lot easier to work on yourself. Vision is the last bike I'll own. Last thing, the BMW dealerships are few and far between, a lot more Vic dealers.
Apologies for any mistakes, wrote this from my phone.

Reactions: Vision_Dan
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.