VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I sort of just bought a new 09 Kingpin. I say sort of because I'm deployed at the moment and saw an amazing deal on the bike. I called the dealership and they are holding it for me until I get home for my R&R. I had an Yam R6 that I got after my 1st deployment but was stolen about a year later so now I've moved on to the Kingpin and I'm anxious as hell to get on it. In the mean time I'm going to be looking for some aftermarket parts and seeing what everyone else has to say about how this bike is. I'm a little nervous about getting a bike I've never sat on but it's just too damn good looking and a great deal so how could I pass it up.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Welcome to the family and thanks for your service.
Please post about your new ride and your experience in the service and include photo's if at all possible.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Do you know what color it is?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

As far as I'm concerned it's the best color it comes in. Solid black. I'm looking at getting some drap pipes for it or maybe the shotgun pipes. I really don't like the one's it comes with. Any suggestions on that or were I can get a good price on them?

·
Registered
717 Posts

Love my RPW True Duals. They work great with the S&S intake download I already had in the bike.
http://www.rpwusa.com/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

dsjr70 You Sir have obviously never ridden in Fayetteville NC. I'd be nervous driving an up armored Hummer around there. Good thing I'm getting it in Fl first. Give me some time to brush up on my skills.
Rick I really like the bike I tried to up load a pic of mine but it's too big and I don't have any soft ware on my computer that I know if to shrink it. I did get it on my home page though. How do the pipes sound?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Deep and loud when you get on it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
What dealer did you get it from?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Monkeyboy said:
dsjr70 You Sir have obviously never ridden in Fayetteville NC. I'd be nervous driving an up armored Hummer around there. Good thing I'm getting it in Fl first. Give me some time to brush up on my skills.
Rick I really like the bike I tried to up load a pic of mine but it's too big and I don't have any soft ware on my computer that I know if to shrink it. I did get it on my home page though. How do the pipes sound?
Ha! Touche....
Here your pic

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

There she is!! Thanks man my job in the Army deals with computers a little bit but that's the area I suck at. Budget cuts in training I guess.
Rick I'm picking the bike up at Kissimmee Motor Sports just outside of Orlando. They've been real cool about everything out there. I was surprised when they said that they would hold the bike for me. Six weeks is a long time.

·
Registered
807 Posts
If you think NC is hazardous driving conditions, you'd absolutely love driving the Las Vegas Strip. Just imagine a town full of all the worst drivers in the world, juiced up on partytime and zero sleep. And some of these people could break an anvil with a rubber mallet...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Monkeyboy said:
There she is!! Thanks man my job in the Army deals with computers a little bit but that's the area I suck at. Budget cuts in training I guess.
Rick I'm picking the bike up at Kissimmee Motor Sports just outside of Orlando. They've been real cool about everything out there. I was surprised when they said that they would hold the bike for me. Six weeks is a long time.
No problem...
Hey PM me when you are going to pick it up and I'll ride over there. It is nice of them to hold it but with the economy and the new X bikes the Pins and Vegas's haven't been moving to quickly. They are probably real happy to have the sale.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Dimonback said:
If you think NC is hazardous driving conditions, you'd absolutely love driving the Las Vegas Strip. Just imagine a town full of all the worst drivers in the world, juiced up on partytime and zero sleep. And some of these people could break an anvil with a rubber mallet...
or go to Madrid and get into a cab if you really want to get the **** scared out of you...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah no thanks on ridding around Vagas. I've been there and smashed a few anvils myself. Fayetteville isn't much better though. The 82nd deploys all the time so you have 18 - 25 year olds that come back with all of this money and first thing they do is buy a sports car that they don't konw how to drive. I feel for you though if thats what you have to put up with out in Vagas all the time.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Naw, I just make it a habit to leave the bike home if I'm going to be on the Strip- which is fairly often as a lot of my work is there. And Don, I'm betting a good number of the cabbies here learned (?) in Madrid. They'll run you down with a grin on their face!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Congrats on the bike...you'll love it. Thanks for your service too....nice to know you are there for us.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Monkeyboy said:
Rick I'm picking the bike up at Kissimmee Motor Sports just outside of Orlando. They've been real cool about everything out there.
Not that this has anything to do with your topic but Kissimmee Motor Sports is giving away free oil changes tomorrow on all brands. But the flyer says it doesn't include full dressers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.