VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my son has decided that he wants a bike. He hasn't really ridden much but has always wanted a bike. He said he didn't want a bike as big as mine but wants a cruiser. He can't quite swing a used Octane and has been looking hard at the Yamaha Star Bolt. Going to look at a few this weekend. After purchase he will be taking the Motorcycle safety course and then it's all miles baby. Really excited to get to spend some time with my son.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
That's awesome, I love riding with my dad when we can.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
To everyone who gets to ride with family count your blessings.
Truly is a great thing.
Get lots of pics with dates & thoughts not only will you appreciate it late in life but your kids & their kids will too.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Now that's what I love to hear. Good for both of you. Hey, as long as he's riding it's good. If he loves it, the "other" bike will come later. You know how we are, one is never enough! Congratulations.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well my son has decided that he wants a bike. He hasn't really ridden much but has always wanted a bike. He said he didn't want a bike as big as mine but wants a cruiser. He can't quite swing a used Octane and has been looking hard at the Yamaha Star Bolt. Going to look at a few this weekend. After purchase he will be taking the Motorcycle safety course and then it's all miles baby. Really excited to get to spend some time with my son.
That is awesome!!

I can say the Star bolt is a great bike too, i used to own one, good power for its size and TONS of customization options.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
For a few short years I got to ride with most of my family quite often. My wife had her own bike, my son, my brother and my dad; we all rode together and took some trips together. I hope you get to really enjoy your time riding with your son. Sounds like you're going about it the right way, the MC safety course etc is really the best way to go about it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well we ended up going 5hrs away to pick up his Bolt. What a nasty day it was on Sunday. It was windy as hell with parts of the ride home being a white out but with dust from the farm fields. Going across a bridge the bike felt like it was floating as I pushed forward into a strong head wind. I have never felt anything like that before. It was like riding in a boat as you went over waves the bike rising and falling. My jacket and helmet were strangling me and I was having a hard time even swallowing.
Thoughts on the Bolt.
It seems like a great bike. I am stunned at how small the tank is. We had to put gas in it 3 times on the way home. At about 100 miles the light comes on for fuel. I just can't imagine going on a very long ride and having to stop all the time to get gas. My son is beyond happy to have a bike. He is all signed up for the Motorcycle safety course and hopefully getting his permit today. Truly looking forward to riding with my Boy!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow. very excited for you. When I was 5, my dad had me at the target shooting range. Most of my memories are the time spent doing that. Would not trade that time for all the money in the world. Congrats to both of you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.