VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very interested in the 2010 Vision in Blue and Sandstone. The 3 dealers within 80 miles of me, don't have one yet. Matter of fact, they have no 2010's on the floor to even look at.. And being told its the same as a 2009 doesn't cut it when I'm potentially gonna stroke a 20K + check. The nearest dealer has a demo for me to ride but it it is a 2008 and has been lowered 2 inches.. How a I supposed to get a feel for the "stock" ride of a vision? The other two dealers say they have stock 2008 visions to demo. Why would I want to ride a 2008 , when I want to buy a 2010. That is IF I like the color which I can't see, or the ride which I cant feel. In the meantime, Victory keeps emailing me discount coupons to buy before years end. Fat chance that is gonna happen. :(

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
The word is that there is no difference between the 2010's and the 2009's. But, there might be some slight, in-line changes...who knows?

I did notice a slight difference between the 08 and 09 Visions in two areas:

1) The Handlebar position is slightly higher and closer to the dash on the 09s. Possibly an inch in each direction difference. While taller riders may not notice that change, shorter riders (such as myself) may notice it.

2) The Clutch friction point seems to be slightly different on the 09s. After riding two 09 Visions, it seemed that the friction point was later in the release of the clutch lever when compared to the 08 Vision.

Maybe it's just me, but that's what I noticed. And yes, I can understand your frustration as it IS a lot of money to be buying something relatively blind. While the Blue/Sandstone looks good in the pictures and those who have seen it up close have stated that it's gorgeous, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My dealer has had one for about a month.
The blue and sandstone is a great color.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It seems a lot of manufacturers are running later this year. Perhaps with so many vendors laying off this year? Perhaps they are testing the waters? I know this doesn't make you feel any better. I wanted to buy a 10th Anny Vision when they came out but like you I wanted to ride it and see it first. They were all sold to dealers in minutes. I had done 5 demo rides on Visions and felt comfortable on them. One popped up months later and she has 16,000 on her now. :)
My suggestion would be to hold on to your money. Wait for warmer weather and more bikes in showrooms. If you live in the cold then you won't burn up 4 months of warranty with it sitting in the garage. If you find you don't like those colors there will be all the others sitting in a row for you. Maybe you will like a CX with skulls better?
Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thumper,,lowering the vision makes it ride verystiff,,you have to run alot of air in shock so it doesnt hit inner bags,plus the ness lowering set-up shortens the rear link only..so then the shock is extended on the rocker and it doesnt ride in its normal range of travel... both visions at dealership near me have put bikes back to stock

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Andy said:
The word is that there is no difference between the 2010's and the 2009's. But, there might be some slight, in-line changes...who knows?

I did notice a slight difference between the 08 and 09 Visions in two areas:

1) The Handlebar position is slightly higher and closer to the dash on the 09s. Possibly an inch in each direction difference. While taller riders may not notice that change, shorter riders (such as myself) may notice it.

2) The Clutch friction point seems to be slightly different on the 09s. After riding two 09 Visions, it seemed that the friction point was later in the release of the clutch lever when compared to the 08 Vision.

Maybe it's just me, but that's what I noticed. And yes, I can understand your frustration as it IS a lot of money to be buying something relatively blind. While the Blue/Sandstone looks good in the pictures and those who have seen it up close have stated that it's gorgeous, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Under the heading of...Do the research first.....I find that the bars do indeed change PN's for 09.
Clutch stuff is still the same though. There is a minor adjustment on the slave cyl that may be the difference in friction point you felt

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
My dealer has the 10 blue/sand and its pretty nice.
I agree with Andy about the clutch the pull on the 10s is not only stiffer it has almost a fulcrum effect it starts out hard then reaches a point then goes much easier. Not smooth and steady throughout the range of motion. ( I noticed it on the 09s as well)
Perhaps its because i have the extension on mine.
If i didnt have a bike and was in the market, the Blue / Sand would be the one for me.

·
Registered
343 Posts

DUDE, don't get discouraged at all.My 2008 Vision and the 2009demo unit I rode on country roads (while my Vision was geting service one day) are EXACTLY the same in every way when you're considering the riding position, handlebars, handling and comfort.The only difference I could tell was seat-of-the-pants dyno told me there was about5 more horses under my butt with the 2009 model. That could be explained bythe various specs I've seen for the '09 at 92HP or 97HP; maybe some 97HP versions got loose, whoknows it's production and production parts and specs vary on anyassembly line. BTW I'm 6 foot tall and 180lb with 32 inseam, riding a stock 2008Vision. Had a lot of bikes and rode a lot moreover nearly 40 years ofriding (don't believe all 'profiles',some of us are hiding from rival bike clubs LOL), so feeling qualified to comment. I did not ride a2010 yet but anticipate more of the same greatness from the 2010 Vision and not any major changes (why change the Vision when the XC and XR arethe 2010 darlings?). If Andy felt a difference, my thought is his wallet must be in his back pocket and was a different size on the 2 rides (just joking I don't really wanna know). Shark

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I'd be more disappointed with any local dealer that didn't try to locate what I was looking for and maybe trade for one or make a call to factory and explain that they, the dealer, may be losing a sale. I really don't understand the only demo available being a lowered 08 though, that's just plain wrong.
When I went to demo the CC the "local" dealer (Randy's)had someone interested in a Jackpot or Hammer I forget now but the dealer rolled the floor model bike out the door for the demo ride.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Shark said:
DUDE, don't get discouraged at all.My 2008 Vision and the 2009demo unit I rode on country roads (while my Vision was geting service one day) are EXACTLY the same in every way when you're considering the riding position, handlebars, handling and comfort.... If Andy felt a difference, my thought is his wallet must be in his back pocket and was a different size on the 2 rides (just joking I don't really wanna know). Shark
Kevin did point out that they are different handlebars between the 08 and the 09...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Shawn,
Part of the reason your dealer doesn't have the 2010 is because Victory is no longer making them order bikes twice a year. Dealers are not wanting to finance a bike that might be sitting for three or four months because with the new MVP program they can order every two weeks.
"Additionally, during the third quarter we expanded our Max Velocity Program, or MVP, to more dealers who can now place orders every two weeks rather than on the previous six-month cycle. This retail acceleration program is now being utilized by approximately 50 percent of our North American dealers and is a program we consider to be a competitive advantage for the Company"
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/4/4864/Motorcycle-Article/Victory-Motorcycles-Sales-Down-56--.aspx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Victory just started to sell its products in our Country (Germany). There two dealers in a distance from 60 the other 110 km. 18 Dealers in total for the whole country. What makes the Victory a bit exotic - and the customers a bit helpless, in case of any problem while using the Vision as a Tourer.

Visited the closest dealer 3 days ago, to see a 2010 vision. Unfortunately they still waiting for a Vision and expect one in January. And yes I can testride it, when arrived.

Dealer had some other new models like the Hammer in the store.

So I think in general this is not the dealer who wants to prevent investment during the winter season. I think Victory can not supply a 2010 Vision at the moment. Rumors saying they still have to improve something at the motorcycle. Could be also only a modification for the German or European Market.
I will call the 2nd dealer today. this is the importer for Germany. I can post if I hear some news and if you are interested.

·
Registered
207 Posts

I ordered a 2010 Vision Premium with ABS in black from a Canadian dealer on November 30th. At that time the dealer told me they would try to get me the bike in a couple of weeks. By the third week of December I inquired about the staus of my order and was told it looked like it wouldn't be available until some time in January. The dealer has my $10K trade-in sitting on the showroom floor now so the thought did cross my mind that they might be playing the waiting game, but after reading some of these other posts, I am getting the sense I am not alone here. I sent an inquiry to Polaris asking how long it typically takes from the time the order is placed until the bike is built and ready for shipping. I got a canned reply asking me to work with my local dealer and thanking me for my support.
I test rode a 2010 Blue & Sandstone Vision with ABS the day I placed the order for mine. It was the same bike that was used by a couple of Canadian bike mags for their reviews of the 2010 ABS unit. Very nice colour, and I could have taken delivery of it immediately, but I personally would never buy a demo bike. That bike has since been sold.
My dealer checked the status of my order this weekend and said they still don't have a firm ship date from Victory. He said that they have had no other shipments of 2010's since I ordered mine and that he had heard January 18th as a possible shipdate that cannot yet be confirmed.
Business plans and inventory issues aside, one would think that if you have paying customers waiting for products and potential customers waiting to touch, sit on and test ride your 2010 products the best way topleaseyour bean counters and investorsis to supply the product as soon as possible and start generating sales.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So called around again today to the 4 nearest Victory dealers.... NONE have a 2010 vision on the floor...
the 3 farthest will let me test drive a 2009 if i want to

The closest will only let me test drive the lowered 2008 which has no rear bag/backrest.. So my wife cant see if she is comfortable on the road.

the washington d.c. motorcycle show will have no victory appearance this year..
the Baltimore show says they will have Victory on hand.
Will they have a 2010? That is any ones guess..

It's just kinda lame..

·
Registered
870 Posts
Perhaps 2010 visions will be collector items in the future because they are rare. It is hard to believe they were announced July 2009. There is a lot less information on the differences from 09 to 10. Andy did a great job on all the models on the previous 08 to 09 changes.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

ammo said:
So called around again today to the 4 nearest Victory dealers.... NONE have a 2010 vision on the floor...
the 3 farthest will let me test drive a 2009 if i want to

The closest will only let me test drive the lowered 2008 which has no rear bag/backrest.. So my wife cant see if she is comfortable on the road.

the washington d.c. motorcycle show will have no victory appearance this year..
the Baltimore show says they will have Victory on hand.
Will they have a 2010? That is any ones guess..

It's just kinda lame..
Come South young man... lol
I wonder if we are getting most of them down here because it is our riding season? Also, a few months back I heard Polaris got another military contract could they have switch production in Spirit Lake to the ATV's to fulfill that contract and slowed the bike production up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think Victory is stepping on their own dicks.With the 2010s. I am fighting with them now for a new windshield becauseI tinted mine and there is little tits on the inside that show up big time.I called and did everything they said to do and they said they did'nt tell me to tint it.So customer service SUCKS from the factory!!Most of the dealers I have met are great people.I told the customer service people I will remember this when EVERYTIME I stop people ask me(How do you like the bike?) I wonder if this was a Harley how would it have been handled. Also sending windshield to Mr.Blackwell CEO of Victoryto see what he thinks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.