VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Ive seen a few guys talking about our Underdrive Pulley's and just wanted to remind you that we have both styles in stock and on sale until we get back in the shop after New Years! If you want one or are thinking about getting one, now is the time to do it!!!

Underdrive Pully for 06 up Narrow Tire Bikes
Can the speedo be corrected on an 07?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I would need to find that out first.
Just get yourself one. It'll net more et. then the lithium ion battery did for just a little more money.

Your speedo will only be off by 6%. In the what 160 miles before the gas light comes on that's only about 10 miles difference. Get gas within 25 miles instead of 35 and you're safe.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Just get yourself one. It'll net more et. then the lithium ion battery did for just a little more money.

Your speedo will only be off by 6%. In the what 160 miles before the gas light comes on that's only about 10 miles difference. Get gas within 25 miles instead of 35 and you're safe.
I wish to keep the speedo and the odometer accurate.

Reactions: Redsawacs

·
Registered
388 Posts
I put the universal SpeedoHealer on my 07 Pin last spring after installing UD pulley. Wire harness at speed sensor needs harness spliced into it, was tough to get soldered as there wasn't much slack in harness.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@iabob
I thinking the same way. Want to have an accurate speedo. Not to mention all the miles counted but never driven after a few years...

@PreachSF
Whats the normal price and whst would shipping to switzerland cost?
Narrow tire is normally 350 and wide tire is 400. Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner as I didnt even get on here over the Holidays. I see you ordered one of the pullies already, so thank you very much for the business! Your order is packed and will be on its way to the post office. Once I get the tracking number I will email it over to you. Enjoy it Huber and Thanks Again!!!!

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Love mine !
Y’all will be glad you did it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Narrow tire is normally 350 and wide tire is 400. Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner as I didnt even get on here over the Holidays. I see you ordered one of the pullies already, so thank you very much for the business! Your order is packed and will be on its way to the post office. Once I get the tracking number I will email it over to you. Enjoy it Huber and Thanks Again!!!!
Thx for your post. Now i cant wait to get it and finally try it! :)

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Thanks to everyone that took advantage of the Holiday sale! All pieces are in the mail today.
I didn't get one of the UD pulley's but I did order up one of the Penske shocks through you for my XC. Very pleased to see it shipped out so quick first thing today. Looking forward to feeling that ride. I went a little heavy on the weight because others said they wish they had. Hopefully it will all work out.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Want to have an accurate speedo. Not to mention all the miles counted but never driven after a few years.
Having had one longer than most, let me ask you this:
If you are riding down the highway and your speedometer is reading 80 mph, but your actual speed is 75 mph, is that really less accurate than most cars and bikes? Is it really significant?

If you ride the bike 50,000 actual miles, but the odometer reads 53,000 miles... or if you ride the bike 100,000 actual miles, but the odometer reads 106,000 miles... How significant is that?

Personally, I couldn't care less about either one. This is why I didn't bother to seek "correction" for these variances. The bike's gearing is so much better suited to the weight of the bike and normal cruising/riding speeds that I would keep it no matter what.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Having had one longer than most, let me ask you this:
If you are riding down the highway and your speedometer is reading 80 mph, but your actual speed is 75 mph, is that really less accurate than most cars and bikes? Is it really significant?

If you ride the bike 50,000 actual miles, but the odometer reads 53,000 miles... or if you ride the bike 100,000 actual miles, but the odometer reads 106,000 miles... How significant is that?

Personally, I couldn't care less about either one. This is why I didn't bother to seek "correction" for these variances. The bike's gearing is so much better suited to the weight of the bike and normal cruising/riding speeds that I would keep it no matter what.
well on the one hand we all like to have the last hp and the last piece of torque, and we all spend money to get to the limits but on the other hand i should not care about my speedo showing wrong numbers?
na, thats simply not me. specially because my speedo is allready 5-6 % off, adding the additional 6.66% its going to be about 12% off and yes, thats important to me. because this means 88'000 miles instead of 100'000miles and IF i ever have to sell my beloved gunner, i think this is gonna matter.
btw. speed fines are pretty high in switzerland... ;) you actually can go to jail just for driving to fast... :S

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
well on the one hand we all like to have the last hp and the last piece of torque, and we all spend money to get to the limits but on the other hand i should not care about my speedo showing wrong numbers?
na, thats simply not me. specially because my speedo is allready 5-6 % off, adding the additional 6.66% its going to be about 12% off and yes, thats important to me. because this means 88'000 miles instead of 100'000miles and IF i ever have to sell my beloved gunner, i think this is gonna matter.
btw. speed fines are pretty high in switzerland... ;) you actually can go to jail just for driving to fast... :S
Lol, speed fines are high, sounds like you need one, by your numbers, at 80 you would be doing 71, sounds like it will stop you from speeding... Does anyone seriously look at their speedo???

I didnt get it yet simply because my bike in under a block of snow right now(I didn't get the snowless weather I expected) instead I spent almost 2k on a new snow thrower, and my bike needs work and is under 6ft of snow....

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
we all like to have the last hp and the last piece of torque, and we all spend money to get to the limits
Not really. If we all wanted every last drop of power our bikes would all make a lot more power than they do. Most of us don't get anywhere near 'the limits' and just want a fun daily driver, not a high-strung race bike.
The UD pulley doesn't change the power at all.

should not care about my speedo showing wrong numbers?
If it were that important you would have corrected the 5-6% error you have now. It is not for me to say what you should care about... All I said was it's not a concern TO ME. It is certainly something you can correct if it bothers you. It never bothered me, since the speed limit is just a suggestion.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not really. If we all wanted every last drop of power our bikes would all make a lot more power than they do. Most of us don't get anywhere near 'the limits' and just want a fun daily driver, not a high-strung race bike.
The UD pulley doesn't change the power at all.

If it were that important you would have corrected the 5-6% error you have now. It is not for me to say what you should care about... All I said was it's not a concern TO ME. It is certainly something you can correct if it bothers you. It never bothered me, since the speed limit is just a suggestion.
Well, TO ME it is important. I just dont like unprecise measurements. Before the pulley it was like you said, not such a big difference, but now i have more than doubled it and thats something in dont like. Not to mention, that its another great law here, to fix the speedo if you use a pulley... ^^'

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.