VOG Forum banner

Gear Indicator off

4844 29
Just leaving to take my Vision to Randy's for a re occurring issue. It doesnt know what gear its in. Always saying the wrong thing. The first time it did it they changed some magical bolt. It worked for a while but came back.
Oh well, ill report my findings.
Good news is they are giving me a Vegas for a few days so I will be able to more relate with Don, LOL
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Turn it on!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Keep us posted as to how you make out. My dealer changed both the bolt and the switch, it was great for a week, now the problem is back. It appears that if I jiggle the wiring harness behind the drive pulley, it corrects itself for a day or two.
I'm living with it until winter storage time, as it was a 4 hr job to replace the switch.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well its a bunch of crap. turns out victory warranty will only fix it ONCE for you. If it happens again they say the customer is responsible on his 10,000 mile service intervals and it is at the customers expense. 35 bucks for the gasket,(BS) an hour labor at whatever your dealer charges for an hour (BS) and then you'll need to replace the oil which means you might as well get the full service and whatever the dealer charges for an oil service (BS) Way to go Victory 25 grand for a bike that when something goes wrong (because you can't or wont fix the problem) throw it back on the customer. That way you don't have to concern yourself with ever fixing YOUR PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!
Its Bullsh&*%t at its highest form.

I couldn't afford the 150 buck to clean, Yes I said clean, the bolt only to have it happen again between 4 and 10,000 miles. I'll live with the problem until I have my next oil service , then I'll spend the 35 bucks for the gasket and clean my own DAMN BOLT.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Well its a bunch of crap. turns out victory warranty will only fix it ONCE for you. If it happens again they say the customer is responsible on his 10,000 mile service intervals and it is at the customers expense. 35 bucks for the gasket,(BS) an hour labor at whatever your dealer charges for an hour (BS) and then you'll need to replace the oil which means you might as well get the full service and whatever the dealer charges for an oil service (BS) Way to go Victory 25 grand for a bike that when something goes wrong (because you can't or wont fix the problem) throw it back on the customer. That way you don't have to concern yourself with ever fixing YOUR PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

I couldn't afford the 150 buck to clean, Yes I said clean, the bolt only to have it happen again between 4 and 10,000 miles. I'll live with the problem until I have my next oil service , then I'll spend the 35 bucks for the gasket and clean my own DAMN BOLT.

Wow your posts are like reading invisible ink. Wierd that I can right click, and drag. Then it comes up easy. Thought maybe I had you on ignore after you pissed me off the last time. No reason to wait for the oil change if it bothers you. Just lay the bike on the right side tip overs, and you won't loose a drop of oil

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
kevinx01 said:
Clubford00 said:

Wow your posts are like reading invisible ink. Wierd that I can right click, and drag. Then it comes up easy. Thought maybe I had you on ignore after you pissed me off the last time. No reason to wait for the oil change if it bothers you. Just lay the bike on the right side tip overs, and you won't loose a drop of oil
Weird, I dont seem to have a problem reading it, are you guys on the white background?
Kevin, he is riding down here to have you fix it for him on Sunday :)

·
Registered
12,150 Posts

kevinx01 said:
While it might be entertaining; that is not what I meant. I was talking about laying the bike on the right side tip overs in order to pull the primary off without loosing any oil
Oh we got you... We were having fun with Clubbies incident in the Keys... or atleast I was...lol

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can always count on you my brother D&D forever man lol
Kevin thanks for the advise I think ill do that. I'll look through the manual to find the right parts to remove and "Clean" And again sorry about the particular prick i was being that day, It was a bad year !
Ride on my friends !

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

I thought the blank posts were very well written! LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.