VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was painting the gauge cups on my '16 hammer s. After a lot of assorted painting failures(I primed painted and stripped 6 times)decided to speed up the process of stripping with a wire wheel. Worked great...for a while untill I went through the chrome. Then it chewed right in after about half a second.
I've been riding with no gauges for a couple weeks, not that big a problem to me.but I would really like to have a tachometer. So the real question is, does anyone know of a analog tach that maybe has a digital speed display?Opposite of the standard speedo with tiny unusable scrolling tach on the single gauge models.
I don't like the large double chrome and obviously that's what started the whole thing in addition to the little black cap falling off inside the stock speedo and rattling around
Sorry for the super long post, but any recommendations would be great appreciated

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It's more related to the rattle can job I was trying to do lol. I figure it will prob take a little bondo and fix it, but after riding it with nothing I would have a hard time going back to the big double setup

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Google and Ebay
I have googled and ebayed untill my fingers bled. Dakota digital is the only on I have found that's a direct plug and play, and doesn't have the features I want,and is 3x more than I am willing to pay. If you have any specific suggestions, that would be great.

·
Registered
879 Posts
If you want plug and play you're gonna have to pay for it. Dakota Digital are excellent gushes as no they have a number of different versions and combos of tacos and speedos but, yes, they are expensive

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the concept of the dual gauges, but my speedo fell apart,(the black button on the inside over the center of the needle) then I tried some painting that didn't work well. And it no longer has a wide enough span in the tach. I don't like the bulk of the double gauges at this point. I need a tach, I would like for it to have a digital speed reedout

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was planning to replace my speedo with a Dakota Digital one. They have some that are plug and play, but I want a round one and they don't have those to fit the stock location.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.