VOG Forum banner

"Gatlin Tips"

2260 11
The Gatling gun was designed by the American inventor Dr. Richard J. Gatling in 1861.
Please note that the inventor's name was Gatling, not "Gatlin".
End of short rant.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I guess the "G" was just too much for some......

·
Registered
156 Posts
Obviously you're NOT from the South...We drop all the "g"s...Like Darlin, NOT DARLING, eatin NOT EATING....Come on get it straight!! Ya'll

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Mike, good to here from you.Hope things are well, did you get up to Lloyd's and make the KP a screamer? Hope so. I see the weather in Chi Town has been a tad crappy. Been hot here, actually almost to hot. I see Breef Feast is this weekend. Havefun!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

What prompted the rant? I'm a grumpy old bastard and apocope grates on my brain. Nothing wrong with Southern pronunciation, but, unless you're Mark Twain, writing in thedialect isn't cool.
Frank; lloyd had some logistics problems for a while, now apparently resolved. I ended up trailering the KP to the NE Victory rally ( Which was great, by the way...) and leaving the bike with lloyd, who loaded it into the dyno trailer at the end of the rally and took it home with him. Latest phone call from Bree last friday; pistons and S&S clutch plate are in, jugs are on the way, work should be getting done this week. Having the bike shipped to me when it's done. According to lloyd, who was near the phone when I was speaking with Bree, "It's going to be scary". If Lloyd says it's going to be scary, that actually scares me some.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Mudge said:
Frank; lloyd had some logistics problems for a while, now apparently resolved. I ended up trailering the KP to the NE Victory rally ( Which was great, by the way...) and leaving the bike with lloyd, who loaded it into the dyno trailer at the end of the rally and took it home with him. Latest phone call from Bree last friday; pistons and S&S clutch plate are in, jugs are on the way, work should be getting done this week. Having the bike shipped to me when it's done. According to lloyd, who was near the phone when I was speaking with Bree, "It's going to be scary". If Lloyd says it's going to be scary, that actually scares me some.
Very nice. You have to let me know what the numbers are. Did you ever get the cams in the Vision? Or is one bad as$ bike going to be enough. Hope all is well, having a blast in NC wrenching on my 05!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I rode out to Pine Bush last fall and had the cams put in and the Vision dynoed, 110/110.
There's been a lot of rain here lately. Beef Fest is next weekend and 3 local (To me.)guys and I are going to Green Bay friday afternoon to meet the usual suspects and head for the Mississippi. Are you going to the national meet in New Hampshire? Sidecar Tim is going a few days early to visit Bear in Bancroft, Ont., but will be riding back with us. So far Dave S. from Wheaton on his new Crossroads and I are planning to ride out together, through southern Ontario. Be nice to see you there.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Still debating. A few guys here are going to try and make it. I will let you know either way. Hot Rod Mike, that's your new name!! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anybody notice that the center hole on the Gatlin/g tips is plugged? If you tap the plug with a screwdriver, it will fall inside the muffler. Then pull a few screws and move the Gatlin/g end cap away far enough to fish out the plug (instead of letting it rattle around in there)

The exhaust sound difference is amazing. Lower note and pops a bit more. I like it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.