VOG Forum banner

Garmin Zumos on sale...

1237 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  1stVictory
I noticed that Revzilla and others have the Garmin Zumos on sale now; $200 off the normal price. If you have been wanting one of these, but the price made you pause, this might be a good time.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,733 Posts
Excellent waterproof GPS units. Lifetime maps makes them even better. Have had my 660 since 2012.

· Super Moderator
27,242 Posts
I just went GPS shopping and those prices are not special. They are easily beat on Ebay and I few others. I ended up with the TomTom 400 as I still couldn't justify the Garmin price. So far I've been very happy.

· Registered
4,624 Posts
Don't think of the number being anything in relation to when it was released. The 590 isn't a predecessor to the 595, they are both 59x series where the difference between the xx0 and xx5 is something like screen orientation, size, internal memory, additional features (traffic/lifetime maps), etc. When it comes to clearance and closeout prices, it comes down to supply and demand. If one doesn't sell as well as they other initially, they'll stop making the lower selling one, clearance and come out with another model or just drop that model overall. Generally, the more expensive will not sell as well and finally the price is brought down so it's more in line with it's brother and Garmin or whoever the manufacturer is still makes money because they spent $23.47 making it in the end. 595 has traffic btw.

By the way, if you can find a factory refurbished unit, they are just as reliable as brand new (sometimes more reliable) for up to half the price off new.

Reactions: BoilerMan

· Administrator
2,910 Posts
I just went GPS shopping and those prices are not special. They are easily beat on Ebay and I few others. I ended up with the TomTom 400 as I still couldn't justify the Garmin price. So far I've been very happy.
I just bought the tomtom rider 400, love it I've already loaded my next ironbutt onto the micro SD.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

· Super Moderator
27,242 Posts
Don't think of the number being anything in relation to when it was released. The 590 isn't a predecessor to the 595, they are both 59x series where the difference between the xx0 and xx5 is something like screen orientation, size, internal memory, additional features (traffic/lifetime maps), etc. When it comes to clearance and closeout prices, it comes down to supply and demand. If one doesn't sell as well as they other initially, they'll stop making the lower selling one, clearance and come out with another model or just drop that model overall. Generally, the more expensive will not sell as well and finally the price is brought down so it's more in line with it's brother and Garmin or whoever the manufacturer is still makes money because they spent $23.47 making it in the end. 595 has traffic btw.

By the way, if you can find a factory refurbished unit, they are just as reliable as brand new (sometimes more reliable) for up to half the price off new.
Both the 590 and the 595 have traffic and radar (via smartphone), 5 inch screens, dual orientation screens, 1000 waypoint memory, and are SD card ready.

The only difference I saw on the Garmin site was the 595 has a 4 hour battery and the 590 has a 3 hour. That and the 595 has a higher suggested retail.

So I stand by it makes no sense for the 590 on closeout to cost more than the 595.

· Registered
4,624 Posts
There are some differences. I'm still using the 660LM anyway but one day I may upgrade. I'd stick with the smartphone if it didn't require cellular connection.

Garmin | Compare

· Super Moderator
27,242 Posts
There are some differences. I'm still using the 660LM anyway but one day I may upgrade. I'd stick with the smartphone if it didn't require cellular connection.

Garmin | Compare
Lol! Yea The 595 has a longer list of functions because of a few things like helmet law notifier. They are really close.

· Registered
795 Posts
Slight high jack, I have a 660 , my only complaint is the thing is usless in bright sun, they should have come with some kind of visor.
That and it is loaded with all vic dealers in north america-now a usless feature.

· Super Moderator
27,242 Posts

· Registered
795 Posts
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

· Super Moderator
27,242 Posts
Excellent , just what I had in mind , thanks Bulldog.
No problem.

I ran across those when I was doing gps research. I checked out the 660 and viewing in the sun was a common complaint so I went looking for solutions. Those are said to help a good bit.

Glad I could help.

· Registered
6,733 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.