VOG Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

I switched to the Flash2Pass. I also have the receiver/push botton in paralle with my existing openner push button.I did require the additional dc power source to the receiver because of the age of my opener.The support stafffrom Flash2Pass is great!

·
Registered
11 Posts

I added another rocker switch ,installed it in the spare blank(4th one from the left on topon the center panel). Took extra flop and soldered to inside of it ( two places ) used I think 24 ga solid wire,some velcro ,one on opener,one on the metal intake frame, two small push on terminals that fit the toggle switch. Has worked like this about a year now no problems. My friend has the same brand of opener,so I soldered two more wires ( one to the center botton other to either top or bottom of the flop ) so now I press down or lower side of switch for my friends garage door or up or top part of my toggle switch for mine, oh I got a on off on momentary toggle switch . Hope this is what your looking for. Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

I keep forgetting I have that extra switch blank. I was thinking about using that for a fog/driving light switch but a garage door opener would work just as well and there's no telling when (or if) I'll get fog/driving lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts

bubba said:
I just purchased one of the Key Ring openers and velcro it to the bottom of the right hand side. I have had this on 4 bikes and many, many miles in all kind of weather. Does not fall off and it is not seen. Very inexpensive.
Hey that sounds really cool, from where did you purchased it?
Will it be possible for you to post a picture of the opener so that understand it positioning and size to check whether it will be suitable for my garage. Else have to go for professional garage door openers installation!

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts

Monkeyman said:
I keep forgetting I have that extra switch blank. I was thinking about using that for a fog/driving light switch but a garage door opener would work just as well and there's no telling when (or if) I'll get fog/driving lights.
Not knowing what you have but look into wiring to the high low button

·
Super Moderator
26,477 Posts
How did you go about it?
I have this on one of my Visions and it has been great.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts